• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

13mm sway bars...are they necessary

tbarile

I just picked up an '05 RX1 and have been gathering a lot of info on this site. I've seen a lot of people say to upgrade to the 13mm sway bar to keep the ski's from lifting. The previous owner said he never had that problem with the sled. We don't have enough snow to ride yet but I want to be prepared when I do. Should I make the mod now or wait and see how I like the handling?

you should drive the sled first before changing anything. everyone is different and rides their sled differently. setup can almost totally eliminate inside ski lift (level a arms). read the topics on this site for skid setups and go from there.

I agree with grader but if you do find you cannot tune it out I did the upgrade and found a big difference. I am on a 03 though so the change may not be as drastic if 05 came with a larger sway bar already. I think my stock was only 10mm to start with. Don't take your measurement of your existing at the ends of the bar as mine was tapered down from where the links grab it.

There are also straight rate springs for the front that allow you to run less preload as well.

I would say with fox floats no question. I would ride it first as everybody likes something a little different. 12mm is also availible thru pioneer performance. When i put fox floats on the front of my attak it was a must have!

Back