• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

146" Ripsaw Lite on '09 XTX w/ pics Review.

pics

Pics of everything-

Attachments

• 100_0472.JPG
    100_0472.JPG
    84.9 KB · Views: 102
  • 100_0470.JPG
    100_0470.JPG
    89.2 KB · Views: 122
  • 100_0469.JPG
    100_0469.JPG
    116.4 KB · Views: 135
  • 100_0467.JPG
    100_0467.JPG
    109.5 KB · Views: 103
  • 100_0474.JPG
    100_0474.JPG
    95.3 KB · Views: 119
  • 100_0464.JPG
    100_0464.JPG
    118.3 KB · Views: 98
  • 100_0463.JPG
    100_0463.JPG
    108.4 KB · Views: 117
  • 100_0461.JPG
    100_0461.JPG
    147.7 KB · Views: 105
Steering effort on the powder hounds is greater than stock, but I wouldn't characterize it as heavy. I have ridden harder steering skis (C&A...), but my 6.9 pilots on my REV steer easier. I would put them right in the middle. I'm 6'4" w/ a pretty decent build though, so take my report with that in mind. If you are a smaller guy, they might be more of a bear. I have 6" Shaper bars on them (most of the guys I have read about having problems with these pushing didn't get the shapers) and with the limiter strap pulled up 1-hole, riding the sled the way it was DESIGNED to be ridden (i.e. leaning over the inside ski, butt off the seat), I get little to no push in the corners on both fresh groomers as well as late-day chewed up trails. I have found them to be very capable trail skis (haven't found too many guys who can outrun me... :flag: ). Powder floatation is excellent as well, although we lost a lot of our powder a little while back, so I don't have a ton of time with them in deep (2ft + fresh pow) yet. The skull on the back of the skis is an option from Slydog. I ordered my skis from KJ Motorsports and at the end of the order process there is a little place to write that you want the skull and specify color. Overall I am pretty happy with the skis and I love the way they look- I get a lot of compliments. I rode my buddy's RX-1 with a new set of Curve XS's w/ 6" Shapers this weekend though and I have to say- if you are considering those- I doubt you would be disappointed, although they are a little pricier than the Slydogs. Hope this gives you a little more food for thought. The thing about skis is that you have to fiddle with your suspension a little bit in order to dial in a specific ski to your chassis. There are a lot of good products out there, but I don't think people give them a fair shake because they just want to bolt them on and expect things to be perfect. Just my .02$

With two seasons in now the track has held up very well with no lost lugs or other damage. Very happy with it. Track also works fairly well in deep powder. The stiff lugs do have a little bit of a tendency to trench, but I like the stiffness and lateral grip for riding the trails. It corners like it has studs and brakes very well too. It's a worthy trade-off for the slight trenching issue since I do ride a lot of trails with it. The 8" wheels have held up very well too. The only thing I wish I had done was get the Schmitt bros axle for them though. The Mountain Machines freedom axle was too much adjustment for my machine. In it's extended setup it puts the wheels back too far, and in the forward setting, I don't have a lot of adjustment left. Other than that, it's extremely well built and a quality piece.

Is trimming the rails unique to the 2.86 drivers? I don''t see anyone talking about it with the 2.52's. The 2.86 8 tooth is only 0.064" larger in diameter than the 9 tooth. Wonder why so much had to be removed.

I am looking at swapping to a 2.86 and running a XC PRO track.

Back