• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

146 XTX

staggs65

Staff member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
76 exciter, 87 phazer, 89 bravo, 00 srx x3, 01 srx, 02/04 viper, 06 ape
Has anybody got any ride time on them yet to give a review of that suspension? Almost snow checked one but backed out. Curious how that suspension is compared to the 141 XTX

Following. Doing some research for a future purchase. :)

I may buy one next year. Always like trying out new things.
I would be 99% on trail at least.

I'm wondering how the narrower seat might feel if you run trails sitting down all day...

200 on my 2020 146 ,love compared to my 17 141
Yours is the SE? Curious about how the narrower front end and 2" track work out on trails? It should be awesome off trail!

If it's the 40" front end, you can set it up to be 42" by switching out the spacers. Based off 3,000 miles of riding last year with my '19 XTX LE set up like this, it handled just as well as a regular width front end (and the mountain skis were night and day better compared to the tuners).

It should ride like a 137" with the transfer rod and blocks removed.

Just did 600kms last weekend in warm conditions. I have the XTX LE, being a apex rider for the last 12 years (last model was the xtx 146 Apex) i must say it handled great. Steering was way better than expected, no darting.

I have all shocks set to soft and rear spring at hardest (little block you turn with socket). Front springs are as lose as i can go without losing parts. It doesn’t lift crazy, maybe 6” off ground (thats due to stiffer on rear)

Really impressed, doesn't need much to make it trail ready. I will install cobra carbides no matter (cant make it worst)

I must say with the cobra track it pulls hard, not muck track spin!!!

I just bought one but only demo rode it so far im wondering if anyone has suspension tuning guidelines its qs3s im about 270lb but dont know whether to play with factory set spring preloads or just mess with clicker positions, but from riding it did seem to transfer well and pulled hard

I just bought one but only demo rode it so far im wondering if anyone has suspension tuning guidelines its qs3s im about 270lb but dont know whether to play with factory set spring preloads or just mess with clicker positions, but from riding it did seem to transfer well and pulled hard

I'm 240lbs, don't forget this is my preference.

front suspension:
1- with the front end lifted (no weight on shocks) I loosen coils as much as I can.
2- keep to number 1 (softess)

Rear suspension:
1- tortion spring, turn black block with socket for most pressure on spring (rear will be higher)
2- shock set too softess

riding this weekend in mild weather the trails had a mix of every condition, from groomed to rough, hard to soft

I found the sled was perfect and running at speeds of 100 to 120kph (60 to 70m/hr) the sled might of bottomed out only a few times (the faster you go the more it will bottom out)

I did try my friends 146 xtx LE which had snow trackers, didn't notice much difference. only his block on the rear was set to #2 which did bottom out a little more

I was afraid coming from an apex with power steering that the sidewinder was going to be a little harder to drive. For now I find it pretty well dialed in almost straight out of the box.

Back