• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

$16.00 clutch kit kicks butt.

I would like to thank Ted and Turk for the awesome setup I have on my 05 Rx-1 man what a difference in low and midrange pull it is lifting the skis at 30 mph today. I put the white secondary on at 3 & 3 and like Turk suggested I put the O-P-O spring on the primary. This set up works guys and it works well one of the best mods I have added for the amount of money spent. I am reporting this from the ducks as we put on about 75 miles today.

Sled Dog said:
I would like to thank Ted and Turk for the awesome setup I have on my 05 Rx-1 man what a difference in low and midrange pull it is lifting the skis at 30 mph today. I put the white secondary on at 3 & 3 and like Turk suggested I put the O-P-O spring on the primary. This set up works guys and it works well one of the best mods I have added for the amount of money spent. I am reporting this from the ducks as we put on about 75 miles today.

Did you race anybody before or after setup? Any radar runs before or after setup? Or is this just a seat of the pants comparison? Don't want to harsh your gig, but this thread is 12 pages long and nobody has any race results to testify yet. Tested that spring in my 03 years ago and it made it slower, however I didn't have an o-p-o in the primary. Is that where all the difference is? Thanks.

If the weather holds up, I will test both at the radar runs in North Bay on Sunday...regardless, I will be there!!

DoktorC said:
87gtNOS said:
If the weather holds up, I will test both at the radar runs in North Bay on Sunday...regardless, I will be there!!

Don't forget to jet down for the temp...it's supposed to be warm :).

:drink:

It's too bad it's too far away or I would be there with my Proline Kit and gearing on my GT, just for shits and giggles.

I purchased a 23t with my ulmer kit. I've run a max of 115mph on the dreamo, with it geared, I now can pull 122 and still was climbing...ran out of lake. I would go with the 40 bottom if I had to do it again. The chain has plenty of adjustment and I think it would be less of a "bend". it is kind of a pain with reverse, you have to be careful to line up the reverse shift fork back into the lower gear groove.

I think the lower gearing definetley helps these sleds. I read alot of sled forums...to the point my wife wants to kill me. It's already been pointed out that it takes a turbo,SC,nitrous to pull the stock setup. It worked for me and I'm on the heavier side of the scale.

Ran 500 miles with the white spring and the 23 tooth gear.
Ran with 4 other Apex's the whole time, and mine was the fastest by far over 2 of them and faster than all :D except for the one with the MPI supercharger. :Rockon:

I would go with the 40 bottom if I had to do it again. The chain has plenty of adjustment and I think it would be less of a "bend". it is kind of a pain with reverse, you have to be careful to line up the reverse shift fork back into the lower gear groove.[/quote]

As far as I know u cant use the 40 tooth with reverse.

byoffcr said:
I would go with the 40 bottom if I had to do it again. The chain has plenty of adjustment and I think it would be less of a "bend". it is kind of a pain with reverse, you have to be careful to line up the reverse shift fork back into the lower gear groove.

As far as I know u cant use the 40 tooth with reverse.[/quote]

Kev at Port told me it is OK to go with the 40, probably prefered if you want the least friction. If I had it to do over I'd go with the 40 also. Lining up the rev forks is a pain. Used a flashlight finally and engaged the forks as the cover slid on, then it was easy.

Tork said:
byoffcr said:
I would go with the 40 bottom if I had to do it again. The chain has plenty of adjustment and I think it would be less of a "bend". it is kind of a pain with reverse, you have to be careful to line up the reverse shift fork back into the lower gear groove.

As far as I know u cant use the 40 tooth with reverse.

Kev at Port told me it is OK to go with the 40, probably prefered if you want the least friction. If I had it to do over I'd go with the 40 also. Lining up the rev forks is a pain. Used a flashlight finally and engaged the forks as the cover slid on, then it was easy.[/quo

Tork I was told it would not fit with reverse.

Straight from the manual, seeing is believe I guess...

Attachments

• Gearing-Chart.jpg
    Gearing-Chart.jpg
    304 KB · Views: 160
SO,can us guys with reverse use a 40tooth?..is this same idea exactly as using a 23 top?...will it work with reverse on a rtx?

i was looking at the chart above,what model number is a RTX with reverse?...yammie loves to make it hard with all these model numbers.

dan

machzed said:
SO,can us guys with reverse use a 40tooth?..is this same idea exactly as using a 23 top?...will it work with reverse on a rtx?

i was looking at the chart above,what model number is a RTX with reverse?...yammie loves to make it hard with all these model numbers.

dan

Not with reverse as far as I know.Not on my attaks.

Back