• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

16' Viper keeps blowing taillight fuse?

The wires run inside the tunnel under a very thin sheet metal guard. This is a bad spot, if the guard gets crushed it will short out the tail light wiring.
Remove your seat and on the left side there’s a connector for the wires going under the tank. Unplug it and see if the fuse still blows.
Couldn't measure fault on this connector, the cover didn't have a scratch, but guess I could disconnect and take it for a spin. Only blown the fuse while driving anyway. Thanks

Intermittent short to ground, more than likely a wire rub through.
There’s really no way to find it with a meter because it’s fine most of the time. Very hard to find these types of issues.
Your best bet is to read the schematic and unplug things the Tail light circuit powers powers until the issue stops. The problem is the Viper electrical drawings aren’t legible because Yamaha has done 180 degree turn and the manuals are garbage.
I would remove the gas tank and check the wires where they go through the tunnel. Look for smashed wires under the tank.

Problem solved! Had the display on a heated floor for a few days, connected everything and went on a trip, fuse still intact.
How do I keep my display condensation free? Also I did a headlight delete without any kit, great result.

Problem solved! Had the display on a heated floor for a few days, connected everything and went on a trip, fuse still intact.
How do I keep my display condensation free? Also I did a headlight delete without any kit, great result.

Let’s see that delete broheim

Couldn't upload a pic... There are some restrictions to size on uploads

You need the app photo resize. Just pic your photo from your library then type in “2000” in the right upper window. Then save picture. Use that picture when you upload, works every time.

IMG_20200118_59288.jpg

Looks good, is it brighter than the original headlight?
Where did you get the led light?

Haven't mounted the led bar yet, but that will be much brighter than original. Friend of mine had one lying around, gave it to me. I'm currently driving with a powerful headlamp.

Back