• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

160hp nytro?

Dano said:
Realistically I very much doubt you’ll see 160 hp out of a stock nytro with only engine work. Even if there was a magical combination that did bring the HP up to 160, that would be near sea level. With only ambient air getting pumped into the engine at elevation in the mountains would be disappointing hp IMO. Pumping air into the engine is where its at. If not Turbo, superchargers tend to be even cheaper. There are deals out there, just have to find them. They do cost more because they simply work.
I have yet to see actual engine work in a 4-stroke live up to big hp claims. Even Noss is not that easy to work with.

Dan

I will post my Dyno next weekend when I get my sled back.
I am pushing 166HP on my 08 Nytro RTX. With engine mod's at sea level.
Stroked engine
clutch kit
gearing
header pipes
silencer
programmer
Power sheeves
K&N filters
equaled-165.99HP on the dyno :-o

What did it dyno stock? Just curious because some dynos are very generous. It would be more helpful to know what the actual gain was, not just what your making now. Thanks.

Nikolai said:
What did it dyno stock? Just curious because some dynos are very generous. It would be more helpful to know what the actual gain was, not just what your making now. Thanks.

Good question ;)! I will ask them. I had them take a stock engine, stroke it, and dyno it. Then swap it with my original engine. For a quicker easier transition. SInce I live 7-7-1/2 hours away from Hauk. I will call and ask. I heard a lot have been running somewhere between 134-138HP stock.

I couldn't agree more

RedBullNytro said:
well we got 165 for $3000 with bolt on parts and minor engine work, so you can start believing it. And i never said turbos werent the way to go, they are just in some cases unnessecary
>>>
All we hear any more is turbo this and Turbo that...blah blah blah ! I don't want to spend a minimum of $7500.00 on a damn turbo....neither does this guy, get over it!! What's so hard to understand about that?
A LOT of guys DON'T WANT TURBO'S......period! However I would love to spend $3000.00 on a kit that would net me 165 H.P. with the proper clutching included. I would be completely happy with a lightened Nytro running 165 H.p. and a 162 Camo Extreme! I would NOT have to worry about dependability EVER. I don't care what you say turbo's take a toll on these motors and in a few years will cost you even more! I could run a NA 165 H.P. for 10 years and never worry about ANYTHING but gas and go, no brainer for me! :o|

GotJuice wrote:
I don't care what you say turbo's take a toll on these motors and in a few years will cost you even more! I could run a NA 165 H.P. for 10 years and never worry about ANYTHING but gas and go, no brainer for me!

I ran a turbo on my Vector for three years, at which time i crashed the sled and sold the motor. The motor was torn down and had low comp pistons installed and the motor looked like new on the inside. My point is a properly setup turbo system will provide very dependable reliability. your above statement is misleading to say the least.

Re: I couldn't agree more

GotJuice said:
RedBullNytro said:
well we got 165 for $3000 with bolt on parts and minor engine work, so you can start believing it. And i never said turbos werent the way to go, they are just in some cases unnessecary
>>>
All we hear any more is turbo this and Turbo that...blah blah blah ! I don't want to spend a minimum of $7500.00 on a damn turbo....neither does this guy, get over it!! What's so hard to understand about that?
A LOT of guys DON'T WANT TURBO'S......period! However I would love to spend $3000.00 on a kit that would net me 165 H.P. with the proper clutching included. I would be completely happy with a lightened Nytro running 165 H.p. and a 162 Camo Extreme! I would NOT have to worry about dependability EVER. I don't care what you say turbo's take a toll on these motors and in a few years will cost you even more! I could run a NA 165 H.P. for 10 years and never worry about ANYTHING but gas and go, no brainer for me! :o|

Feel better now?

>>>LOL>>>>>

Yeah actually I do! I ran Turbo's on many applications and the variables are so many and so steep that contribute to longevity with boosted applications that saying because your particular sled ran flawless and had no sign of internal damage is INFACT the more misleading statement.....FLAME ON BICHEZZZZ...........LMAO..... :moon:

I'm not trying to offend anybody and I'm sorry if anybody was offended. I guess you missed the "properly tuned" part of the comment. I don't care if your boosted or na if your're not properly tuned you will destroy your sled in short order.

Back