• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

162 M7 skid for a 162 track?

Thatspec

Extreme
Website
www.cascadeskilodge.org
Those of you that have done the M7 skid changeover, I see a variety of skid lengths being used for a 162" track. If you've used the 153 skid, did you have to use rail extensions? More to the point, will the 162 M7 skid I have ordered be too long for a 162 track?

RX1M5, in one post you mention having a 162 M7 skid;
http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php?t=23648

Trxster, you seem to have started with a 153.

A 162 is all thats available right now from RVsports which is fine with me as long as the track I'm after will fit (9979M 162").
Anyone know if it will all fit together?

Thanks, Mark

C'mon guys, I want to play in the powder too :)

I've put the 162 M7 on hold pending more info as to whether a 162 track will fit on it. I am going to buy the track today (162x16x2.3 9979 Camo) its a little heavy but I don't want to change drivers again.
Plus cheaper than the Maverick.

Rx1M5?
Trxster?

This seems to be the only forum with any decent technical information on the '03 RX1 Mt.

Thanks to all you guys!

Sorry about that. The 162" will be too long unless you want to mount it forward of your existing mounts. If you do that, you will increase your angle of attack which defeats the purpose. So, get the 153" skid.....it works perfect for the 162" track.

Rt

Thanks for the reply Trxster,
Troy is looking around for a 153 for me but didn't seem very optimistic. Its all kind of iffy there as you have no control over what your getting as far as how used is this stuff?

Also have a call in to Cooke city msports.
A fellow there (Brandon) was pretty knowledgeable on this mod as he says they have put quite a few AC skids into RX1's. He has put a 162 M7 into the RX1 but would prefer the '04 M1 159 rails for a more gradual approach angle (front bend is better). Not clear if he has done this with the 153 M7 (way too many options here I know). Regardless, he is looking to see if he can just transfer some of these '04 M1 159 rails (which are particularly beefy in the back as well) onto an M7 162 he has (153's seem to be pretty scarce, not suprising). All new take off stuff for around $600 with the act shocks. Funny how the price keeps going up as this mod keeps increasing in popularity.

Anything wrong with an entire M1 setup? Heavier?
He thinks the front mount points might actually be too wide for the stock tunnel but seems I read on here somewhere it was a perfect fit with no spacers.

Anyway keep you posted as to where it ends up.

God this is fun!

Thanks, Mark

My sled is totally custom so the mounting points etc are all different. That said if it were me I would forget about using the existing mounts and go with the 162 skid because it is designed for the 162 track. you can run your track looser without any worries of spearing a rail tip which can really put a damper on your riding day. Heres a pic of the 162 in the sled. It fits perfect.

Rx1m5

Attachments

• rq1.JPG
    rq1.JPG
    96.1 KB · Views: 135
Southfork, that is a stock A/C skid.

I have a 03 151 skid in my rx with a 159 track, I have my front mount about 5/8" ahead of the stock mount. I think you could get the 162 to work fine, your front mount should end up about 4-5" ahead of stock. The 1m skid fits fine, I had to pull the tunnel apart by hand to get it slid in, at most it is 1/4 wider than is needed.

Beautiful sled Paul,
Thanks everyone for the responses!
Now I want a new tunnel too, probably have to settle for an extension.

Logically, it makes sense that mounting any skid significantly further forward is going to kill the approach angle (unless you do the full on drop & roll). Does logic apply here? Paul, I'm betting yours works well with the 162 because of the relocated drive shaft. I'm tending to want to go no longer than the 159 M1 partly because the rails look alot stronger in the rear than the M7 rails. Probably not the case but that is a lot of rail sticking back beyond the last support with a 162. Did not hear back from either dealer today so may all be a moot point. There is a 162 M7 on Ebay for $250 as we speak.

Somewhere I will have to draw the line at dumping money into this particular sled so it will probably be pre-drop & roll (and complete tunnel). Maybe in '08 I'll try and find an '06 Apex Mt.

Hero snow today, all the terrain I was getting stuck in two days ago I went anywhere on today. Only broke out the shovel three times, and it was still going over my head on the downhills. Big storm tonight too...when will it end.

Lance, thanks for the info on your M1

MT

I have a 151" 1M skid in with a 162" track which fits pretty well. I only have about 1/4" left in the track tensioner, but that is enough. I do have the 8" big wheels and the 7 tooth 3" pitch drivers.

Back