• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

1st 16 turbo / Engine Failure

Could be but the dealer should be aware of that by now and I thought the 16's were excluded from the turbo in the parts manual.

Here is the listing on Yamaha and in blue it says incompatible with all 16 models

Turbo Add parts book.jpg

would be nice to have more info. i bet it didn't have gauges. wonder if any denotation, that would tell a lean condition which would be from the wrong boost controller. and over boosting. if everything else looked good but the rod i would assume it was run at the 4.5 lbs it was meant to. really want to know what yamaha/mpi will do for this guy.

I'm new to this forum.. I have a Viper LTX LE 2016 MPI turbo and yesterday after 93 km 4.5 turbo boost, the push rod blew a hole in the engine. I did my purchase at the spring booking

hi bob. first off sorry about the sled. do you have any pictures of the motor? What did the dealer say about warranty? have you contacted yamaha or MPI?

I'm new to this forum.. I have a Viper LTX LE 2016 MPI turbo and yesterday after 93 km 4.5 turbo boost, the push rod blew a hole in the engine. I did my purchase at the spring booking
Its very important to go through the dealer first with Yamaha. If that is not enough then next step is to call customer service. I too believe that Yamaha will take care of this especially since when you bought the sled and turbo nobody even knew the engine was any different from previous years. Just let us know if you need any help in process.

really hope yamaha will cover this for you. this has been a huge topic on here about the yamaha warranty and turbo applications. too bad it is you who will be the one who finds out for us all.

Back