• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

1st Blown belt on my Nytro

Snowman07

Expert
Well it took me awhile (6800 miles to be exact) but I finally blew my first belt last saturday. Funny thing was, I just bragged to a guy 1/2 hour prior about how I never blew a belt on my Nytro. Gladly take all those miles before blowing a belt.

On another happier note, I finally got my Nytro to handle like a dream. I suffered through many of miles with my heavy steering because I thought I could do no more adjusting. As it turned out I applied massive amounts of preload to my center shock spring. Who knew that turning the spring up so much would have lighten the load that much (well maybe you nuts that like to tinker) One thing to remember that if you add more ski pressure to your center shock, also add some more psi to your front ski shocks.

Well, guess a new sled will be on the back burner for another year.

More center shock preload=get ready to change hyfax alot

I dont know for you but my Hyfax only wear at the rear of the skid, so putting more center shock pressure should just equalize the wear.

blew my first belt last weekend with 3700 miles on it,the belt blew so violently that it took out part of my belly pan,glad i didn't have the anti wet foot piece in.thought that the belt should've went more miles,but i was just remembering that it got smoked one morning when somebody didn't loosen the sled up.also i was running with three apexes saturday on some of the best trails i have ever been on in iowa,so the little nytro had his tongue hanging out.

Back