• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

I have a problem.

Kurt J

Pro
Country
USA
Snowmobile
Nytro
So, I have this problem. When there’s no snow or time to ride, I can’t leave the sled alone. My Nytro has “suffered” at the hands of a fabricator/engineer.
Now my dilemma. I have Skinz 42” arms, Float 2 shocks, RMK spindles, Fox Zero pro center shock, 1.5” 121 track, custom machined suspension linkage, 135mm idler wheels, custom wheel mounts, custom spring perches, copper donuts, custom made stainless steel muffler, custom made front and rear bumpers, skid plate, custom made heated brake lever, stainless steel handlebars, Schmidt Bros tunnel block off, airbox lid, clutch kit, medium windshield with deflectors, XR-tech composite hand guards, small tank bag, custom heated stomp grip seat, C&A pro race skis, 12v outlet, LED headlights, custom wet foot plate, plus an UGLY wrap that I never liked. NOW WHAT ?!?!?! Seriously, I need mental help. My MINT Apex GT is unmolested, and I’m starting to look at it funny. How to I stop myself?
785AD3BF-542D-491E-B9EA-33954F45D7D6.jpeg

Fix the wrap if it doesn't make you happy, the other mods are a byproduct of your passion, why stop there.

I can’t stop. Nytro rear suspension is unable to keep up with my front suspension on really rough high speed trail rides. The rMotion 120” skid is going to replace the original Yamabrick skid. Stay tuned.

did you relocate your steering block forward? It will change your life.
No, I like it in the stock location. It’s very comfortable for me. I switched from a Cat snocross sled with very similar steering.

Ahh, interesting. Maybe I never gave the stock location a fair shot. Please keep us informed on the skid swap.

Looks good! Can't tell from pic but does r suspension have anti stab wheels? Looks like front of rail could use them.

Any update on how it rides and handles?
It’s a HUGE improvement over the Yamaha skid. Lighter, smoother, plush on the small bumps, but handles big stuff without bottoming out. It’s so much easier to ride fast, now.

So, I have this problem. When there’s no snow or time to ride, I can’t leave the sled alone. My Nytro has “suffered” at the hands of a fabricator/engineer.
Now my dilemma. I have Skinz 42” arms, Float 2 shocks, RMK spindles, Fox Zero pro center shock, 1.5” 121 track, custom machined suspension linkage, 135mm idler wheels, custom wheel mounts, custom spring perches, copper donuts, custom made stainless steel muffler, custom made front and rear bumpers, skid plate, custom made heated brake lever, stainless steel handlebars, Schmidt Bros tunnel block off, airbox lid, clutch kit, medium windshield with deflectors, XR-tech composite hand guards, small tank bag, custom heated stomp grip seat, C&A pro race skis, 12v outlet, LED headlights, custom wet foot plate, plus an UGLY wrap that I never liked. NOW WHAT ?!?!?! Seriously, I need mental help. My MINT Apex GT is unmolested, and I’m starting to look at it funny. How to I stop myself? View attachment 165291
Curious how you managed to do the heated brake lever? I'd be interested in trying something similar on an apex.

Finally had to address my last comfort complaint with my Nytro. Cold knees. Even with medium windshield, side extensions, and HUGE XR-tech handguards, there was still a blast of cold air on my knees at high speeds. Found a set of NOS skidoo rev side wind deflectors, and shortened them to fit the Nytro side covers. Looks like they’ll work nicely.
9BB53525-650B-4813-B55C-F475FBBA0D53.jpeg
1E90C5E2-B92B-4301-945B-60C7CF280DBE.jpeg

That's probably good for another 3 mph too. ;)!

Back