• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2 gallon rotopax?!? Anyone have one?

Here is my setup on my Apex. This is only the 1.5gal version though.

Attachments

• MTX1.jpg
    MTX1.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 145
  • MTX2.jpg
    MTX2.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 130
Hey guys I just put my 2 gallon rotopax on today and I think it turned out pretty good! I havent had a chance to try it out yet but I will let you know once my sled is back up and running (oil tank cracked open).

Attachments

• IMG_2014011359570.jpg
    IMG_2014011359570.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG_201401139104.jpg
    IMG_201401139104.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 184
  • IMG_2014011323345.jpg
    IMG_2014011323345.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 132
Are you concerned about that turnout catching water? I've seen issues on street bikes with similar setups.

I was looking at the Roto pax site and they sell base plates for other manufacturers. Wonder why they don't sell for Yamaha's?

Prarie Dawg said:
I was looking at the Roto pax site and they sell base plates for other manufacturers. Wonder why they don't sell for Yamaha's?

Not needed from what my dealer told me. I have two seasons with my setup and it is holding up fine so far.

I havent decided if im going to put the turn out up or to the side yet. I prefer the way it looks going upwards but I am a little worried about it catching moisture. Any idea if it would hurt anything having it pointed up?

Ya they dont have a yamaha kit for a couple reasons I think its because of the rear exhaust and you need to relocate your tail light plus add a turnout. I also added a peice of aluminum under the tunnel to tie in the tunnel protectors for some added strength.

I used to have a Kolpin tank on the back of my tunnel. Finally put a Trail Tank on and wish I would have done it the day I bought my sled! Just my honest opinion. Fit and finish of the latest version Trail tank is great.

Back