• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2003 rx1 fuel issue possible, any help much appreciated,

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2003 rx1
done everything 7 times,,lol i think the motor not getting fuel, good on bottom end, boggs after that
any fuel pump issues with the rx1

so 57 degrees out side , for the hell of it, ran the sled, on the stand, got a pull of 8k and was going keep climbing, the other pulls were at 30 degrees where sled would bog and not climb , im going try changing main jets to 145, 150

Have you had your airbox off? I had a similar problem years ago and it was the airbox not correctly attached to the carbs. Check to see if the airbox boots are on the carbs all the way. If one is not on and air is leaking by that could be your problem.

done everything 7 times,,lol i think the motor not getting fuel, good on bottom end, boggs after that
any fuel pump issues with the rx1
Very few issues with rx1 fuel pumps,is this a stock sled,stock airbox etc??when were carbs cleaned last?with the rx1 carbs they need to be hospital clean&when done clean them again!!

thanks for the reply's,, I had the carbs professionally cleaned, and checked them 3 times,, But now I'm at a loss again, I put 145 main jets in it, and sled run perfectly,

Yep,was told specifically to run sled with the air box on , changed the fuel, change the fuel filters, cleaned carbs, adjusted the needle, leaned it out, sled really did not like that, so i figured by way it was acting it was starving for fuel, so i changed the main jets and bam,ran it on the stand , ripped right to 9k,,,,,

Back