• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2006 Apex GT Needs a Starter at 6K miles

Hinkman

Looks I need to replace mine, it is making an odd noise when I start it. Who can I contact to get me an OEM one in the next week?

Make sure your connections are in good shape... they draw alot of juice and will act up. Water as well inside with this weather.. warm then sub freezing.
I spray everything under the hood with WD... learned about this many years ago how it keeps the electrial system A1. Never had issues with electric in years on any outboards,cars,trucks,snowmachines doing this..
If the connection isn't good it takes a toll on the componants trying to do the job. And WD often saves the system. Not to late to spray and give it time to work it's way into the connections. may take a few days or so actually. Amazing stuff. I've got many stories of rescue from WD. Since they first came out with it..
Only trouble is it doesn't last long..but long enough.

I did have to clean the connector down at the solenoid since it was intermittently engaging when I serviced it. After a day of riding it started making a weird howling noise like a dried out bearing. I never thought to spray connections with WD, that is a great idea!! I am definitely going to do that. Thanks for the tip.

Back