• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2006 Apex GT Ohlins electronic shock question

rx1mountain

Veteran
I have a 2006 Apex i picked up last week and the Ohlins electronic adjustable shock doesnt seem to work. When you push the mode button it does not change to the shock option... So I looked under the skid to see if i could see the wire going from the shock to the tunnel and it is completely gone. Does anyone know if it should still switch to the shock mode on the display for adjustment even know the wire is gone/not hooked up? Was there a recall on this wire from yamaha? There is still a 1 year YES warranty on this thing and want to get it replaced but not sure the dealer will warranty my issue when they see there is no wire present at all...

The mode will not change when the wire is broke. I don't think you'll have any trouble getting it fixed under warranty, and they will re-route it so it hopefully doesn't happen again. (per a bulletin)

Sounds like the previous owner had trouble with it and just removed it. It's likely that there is more wrong than just the missing wire. I recently had a bad solenoid for the EC shock. $200 just for the part. Others who have broken the wire have found that the ECU will no longer recognize the shock even after the wire is repaired or replaced. New ECU is around $400. As long as Yamaha will warranty all of it, it won't matter, but without any wire at all, will they?

Maybe you can find someone on here with a broken wire they have replaced that they will give to you. That way you can put it on the sled and claim it broke and be assured that warranty will cover all repairs.

It looks like the wire was severed right at the solenoid... I dont see any wire going into the tunnel so we will see what yamaha does. I dropped the sled off with them today. Said it could be a couple weeks since they have a list of bikes to work on before they can get to my sled.

Back