• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2006 APEX NO START

JERSEYJOE

Expert
MY 2006 APEX will not start. Battery is fully charged. When the key is turned on the tach cycles but no fuel pump noise. I replace the starter relay up front and all the 4 relays on the left side. Nothing. If I jump from positive to starter the motor cranks but no start. Like I said when you first turn the key on there is no fuel pump noise and no cranking with the key

Wonder if your fuel pump is shot/bad since it appears you have tried replacing the relay. Have you removed the seat and inspected the wiring connectors to the pump to at least ensure they are properly seated?

Good point as it could be related to those pesky grounding blocks Yamaha uses. Here's a post with images of where all of my grounding blocks were located.

I found a total of 6 square grounding blocks and two flat grounding blocks (different/smaller blocks). Of those square blocks, two are the ones above the primary clutch but there are three more further down the wire harness that goes into the nose and near the ECU. There was also one on the passenger side near the fuse box. On my Apex, there was also a flat ground block with the two blocks above the primary and another one with the three further down in the nose.

Back