• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2006 ApexGt VS 2010 Sno-pro Cat limited turbo 177hp ??

I understand My apex has the fit and finish and is a better built sled I just want to be able to be competitive or beat him and his son.My sled has 5000 miles and has been broken in.I have a hard time believing yamaha will leave clutching on the table but i guess they do so i will end up clutching,studs, maybe airbox and programmer. I dont want to be beat by these 2 lol especially being cats and 12g I guees i could wait til the first ride and then know where i stand??

Ran against my friends Turbo cat last year with my 07 Apex. Apex had air box mod only! Would beat him start to finish. I installed a Boondocker kit on his cat, and he had to pump it up to 190H.P. to run neck and neck with my Apex. No worries if the Cat is stock!

Forgot,also, the Cat is very poor out of the hole.

DaveyBoy said:
I understand My apex has the fit and finish and is a better built sled I just want to be able to be competitive or beat him and his son.My sled has 5000 miles and has been broken in.I have a hard time believing yamaha will leave clutching on the table but i guess they do so i will end up clutching,studs, maybe airbox and programmer. I dont want to be beat by these 2 lol especially being cats and 12g I guees i could wait til the first ride and then know where i stand??

Lots of slippage on the bottom in the stock clutching and it falls on it's face at about 80mph. Proline, Two speeds or Ulmers will take care of that. Change the top gear to a 23 as well. airbox, PCIII/ignition and set the transfer rod to max and hold on. If you run studs run 144, 1.450 Megabytes. It will be a missle. Rememeber if you junp 4-5 sleds on him, it's hard to make that up, once you are both shifted out...

I'm real curious to the transfer rod theory.
I've tried adjusting mine to max and everywhere in between. Even had it out completely for a few rides and always seemed to lose top end.
Always seems the closer to minimum I get the faster the sled gets.

It seams hard to believe that the yamis will keep up with these cats. I havn't raced one but all I have heard is that they are rocket ships. I hope the apex will do this good its just hard to believe.... Im not gunna put any cash on my apex against one until I see a few runs.... Cant wait until the lake freezes. We will see soon enough what kinda speed those arctic craps have.... lol...

We're talking the Z1-Turbo here, but the 2strokers will be hard to beat.

AC 1000 and the new AC 800, please tell me I'm wrong and I'm all ears :)

LOL id want to hurt my sled I will never give up when racing i will run them off trail :tg: and keep spitting :tg: snow all over them they dont like my short flap :jump: seriuosly i jst wanted to know what i was in store for he is spending 20 g plus n these 2 sleds and i hate cats they are the worst sleds in my opinion.Yamaha has to come up with a lighter 4-stroke and or more power stock sled

KnappAttack said:
A well broke in STOCK Attak will pull away from a Turbo Z1. No worries, no need to spend a bunch of coin.

Lets get serious here..........I drove a Z1 turbo this last weekend. Completely stock. It ran 119 on hard pack and 122 on ice !!

In all honesty do you really think 150hp can run with 177hp ? ?

F7 Racer said:
KnappAttack said:
A well broke in STOCK Attak will pull away from a Turbo Z1. No worries, no need to spend a bunch of coin.

Lets get serious here..........I drove a Z1 turbo this last weekend. Completely stock. It ran 119 on hard pack and 122 on ice !!

In all honesty do you really think 150hp can run with 177hp ? ?

ha ha.. where did you get a stock one that went that fast..?

My buddy has one and wont even consider racing my stock apex.. and his has twice as many studs.. They have no weight transfer and simply cant hook up.. my buddys 09 XTX killed him till 90mph before he finally got past and never got more than 3 sled lengths ahead of him and couldnt pull away all the way to top speed

It may have 177hp on a good day but that crap secondary and DD drive really zap the hp. I can top end a friends cobra track equipped turbo every time.....

Back