• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2006 Nytro Cold Starting Issues

HydrogenCyanide

Extreme
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2006 Yamaha RS Nytro
2006 Yamaha Apex
Sled starts without issue. Unfortunately, the first time I start when it’s cold it stalls frequently. Start, it runs for 15 seconds with rough idle, stalls and will then restart and do it all over again. I have to keep doing this well beyond the time the warm up light goes off.

After about 10 minutes it runs fine and will start and run fine for the rest of the day. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Probably the pilot jets are starting to get plugged. I would replace the jets. I started mine up at -28C. Fired up right way. You have to baby sit the choke. Start slowly backing it off after a minute or so. It has to be off before the low temp light does off. Mine will always quit if the choke is still on and and the low temp light turns off.

I also heard people running a slightly richer pilot jet. I think stock are #45 and the next up are #48. Probably this spring I'll order the #48 and give them a try.

It may be a pain with the choke but it at least starts up. A number of friends have had issues starting Fuel Injected engines in the cold. They just dont start.

Do you guys no where online to order new pilot jets? I’m searching but not having much luck. Any help is appreciated.

I ordered mine through the dealer.

Try partszilla.com . Fast lane is spot on replace the pilots. You do have to babysit the choke at first startup . I usually progress mine down after the first min. If the choke is left on full when the light goes out it will die and possibly flood it . On my carbed Vectors I run Mechanic in a bottle for storage . Good stuff also Fitch fuel Catalyst in the tank to keep it fresh . You should Google, syncing the carbs and read up on that . It helps .

HOW OLD IS THE BATTERY?? IF LONGER THAN 6 MONTHS REPLACE IT YOU WOULDNT IMAGINE THE #*$&@ MY NYTRO DID AND THE AMOUNT OF HOURS I SPENT REPLACING AND CHECKING PARTS ONLY TO INSTALL A NEW BATTERY AND THE SLED RAN FINE EVEN IF U THINK THE BATTERY IS READING GOOD AND HOLDING THE CHARGE IF ITS OLDER THAN 6 MONTHS REPLACE IT ALWASY START THERE ON THESE NYTROS

HOW OLD IS THE BATTERY?? IF LONGER THAN 6 MONTHS REPLACE IT YOU WOULDNT IMAGINE THE #*$&@ MY NYTRO DID AND THE AMOUNT OF HOURS I SPENT REPLACING AND CHECKING PARTS ONLY TO INSTALL A NEW BATTERY AND THE SLED RAN FINE EVEN IF U THINK THE BATTERY IS READING GOOD AND HOLDING THE CHARGE IF ITS OLDER THAN 6 MONTHS REPLACE IT ALWASY START THERE ON THESE NYTROS

RS Nytro's are carbed, and aren't nearly as picky about electrical issues as a FX. Yeah from the OP's post, it is a carb jet.

Back