• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2006 vector gt electrical issues

Robbyb55

I purchased a used 2006 vector gt. It has a starter issue. But when i turn the key on I see no indication of power on the display panel. Is this normal? I would have expected some activity on the display panel. Battery showing 12.59 volts and when I try to start I get a clicking noise in solenoid. 12 volts going through solenoid but no crank. Was going to change starter but wondering if I have a ground or electrical issue. Has anyone seen this?

Not sure if your year Vector had this feature as I do know there were some sleds this does not work and the dash does not power up until the engine has started.

Hold down on the thumb warmer button, and turn the key. After ten seconds of holding the thumb warmer button down with the key in the on position, the dash will power up and I believe so will the headlights and tail lights. Again, not sure if your Vector can do this but having no power to the dash until the engine has been started can be perfectly normal for some.

yes, I found the information in a owners manual. Nothing comes on until engine is running. Not an ideal design.

Back