• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2007 apex rtx

Ed Castellano

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2017 sidewinder
Blew my rear shock this weekend looking for help on a replacement rear shock would like a fox shock to replace that exspensive factory one ant help would be appreciated thanks

Ed, try to have the stock one rebuilt by someone like Pioneer or other site member . That would be you cheapest way out, I had Pioneer revalve my stock rear shocks and it worked great. I got tired of the stock skid failing and went to a Fast M20 Airwave. much better ride and less maintenance. I had HyGear rebuild/re-valve my Fox Floats and what a difference it made. Good luck!

That shock in the back is a good one. It's washer stack is poorly set . Hygear will rebuild it and set it for a progressive rate instead of a falling rate.

In other words it won't ride stiff and then hit a bump and it blows thru it's stroke.

It did not matter who valved my rear shocks it was NEVER going to ride right. I do not have enough time to type all the issues I had with this skid. The valving changes made to improve the ride only put stress on the skid and parts started to fail. Shock linkage , swing arms cross shafts ect. Yes it is a good shock and you look hard enough you should find one. I have talked to Hygear about this skid and they have done valving on mine and will tell you its not a very good skid to work with... Its been of the same old blueprint for decades. I replaced mine with M-10 air and have never been happier.

Back