• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2007 Attak GT - Garmin 60CSX GPS Mount

LuvMyWarrior

Extreme
I have a Garmin 60CSX GPS unit and want to mount to my Attak. I like the ram mounts. Does anyone have a ram mount for the Attak and if so what model did they order? Any Pics of what their install looks like would be great.

Thanks!

Mark

Check the GPS section....there are lots of pics over there. I have the same setup on my Apex. I drilled and tapped my riser and mounted the RAM mount to the back of the riser. The GPS sits o top of my bar pad and works great. Easy to read and access. Also ran a power cable up from the battery and tucked it into the bar bad area so it is easy to plug in. Go here for some pics

http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php?t=62598

I just mounted mine with a RAM handlebar mount,worked out real nice....

i mounted it on left side of bars so GPS sits between left grip and middle pad....looks good.

I also rewired my 12volt plug direct to battery with a inline fuse so GPS can be powered on anytime,or i can run my radar gun off 12v anytime.

Dan

I have a 2007 Attak GT also. I have a RAM Mount with a Megellan Explorist XL handheld GPS. I mounted mine off the Right side of the handlebar by the throttle. I use the 12v accessory socket with a Magellan 12v power cord for external power.

RAM works great even with agressive riding and excessive vibration. Ocassionaly need to tighten the ball/socket mount on the RAM as it will loosen a little bit. Never has loosened too much or to the point of flopping around.

Sorry I dont have Pics.

Ram mounts are the way to go. I use a handlebar mount as in the pic. (rap-b-231). A little rubber tape underneath ensures a secure attachment. I've used ram mounts for years for hard riding, including on an early lowrance gps the size and weight of a brick, no problems.

Attachments

• rapb231.jpg
    rapb231.jpg
    3 KB · Views: 336
re

The risers that lake effect supply use are ram mount and also swivel for the ultimate in adjustability.

check out the member with the ram mount bolted to the handle bar rizer. I mounted it the same. it's centered at the bar level and easy enough to read for a 60 csx. I like it ,I roled my sled never disconnected. pretty sure you won't be disappointed. check out landoman pict of his 60 csx thats just like mine

I have the RAM handlebar mount. It is not like the one pictured about but instead is a U-Bolt that wraps around the bars. Works great. I have it adjusted so that I have my 60Cx right about the riser pad.

Kevin

60csx mounted on an Attak. I bought the longer of the Ram extension cuz I thought with the Rox Riser, I may have an issue but that was not the case. My mount is about halfway down on the Yamaha riser and I actually did not drill and tap - I ended up just using a stainless 1/4-20 bolt and putting a locknut on the inside of the Yamaha riser. This is hard wired to the battery using Garmins wiring also. Works well.

Attachments

• IMG_0836.JPG
    IMG_0836.JPG
    137.5 KB · Views: 95

Back