• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2007 Attak won’t start

amazza76

VIP Member
Had it on an Optimate but the battery was toast. The sled would start with a jumper pack. Went out and bought a new battery. Tried to jump from the new battery to the red/black leads. Once I hooked up the battery, there was a pop and now nothing works. Tore the sled down and put the new battery in. The fuel pump doesn’t prime, no lights on dash. I checked the 10 amp fuses off the battery box and they were fine. What should I look at next? Leaving on Thursday for a trip...this has me scrambling. Thanks in advance!

Your sled may have a main fuse right next to the starter relay. It is typically green in colour and square shaped. If this fuse popped you will have no power anywhere. It may have popped when you went to boost, this happened to a buddy last year on an 06. You could pull it to inspect as it has a clear lens.

good call on the green fuse as it was blown but still no start...where should I look next

Still no power or just no start

Check the ignition fuse in the block above the chain case.

C2B9042E-16FE-4E6F-A32E-7D9902C4DB25.png This diagram might help

Ignition fuse is good. Is there a fuseable link on the negative wiring harness?

Not funny, but this is typically the first thing to check. In my time here I have NO idea how many threads start just like yours .... and it's the kill switch. Glad you found it though!

How did u find kill switch bad? I took my throttle apart today saw nothing inside that looked bad. Click it lights turn of on dash up lights go on.

My sled gets no fuel or spark.

I can jump the relay for power to fuel but still no spark.

Last edited:
My interpretation of what has been said here IS NOT that the kill switch was bad ... it was depressed(not sad, but pressed down). Thus, killing the sled.

Click it lights turn of on dash up lights. Go on. No spark or fuel on my machine can jump fuel pump for power to that

They are a helpful bunch here but many of the most knowledgeable aren't going to try to figure out what you are saying in these last two sentences, nor should they have to.

Back