• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Battery Relocation

RichsApex3573

Veteran
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2006 Yamaha Apex Attak
Changed my oil filter and battery this past weekend. I’m getting to old for this nonsense of tearing down the whole front of the sled just to get the battery out. I relocated the new AGM battery to the nose storage compartment over the the regulator/rectifier and strapped down tight.I then hooked it up to the battery tender leads that run off the side as there wasn’t enough clearance to route the new cables to the main pos/neg and go under the intake box. Works great in the driveway but before I jump out on the trails come winter can anyone think of any downsides to this? I already checked with a multimeter and the battery is getting charging voltage when running and all lights/gauges are working. I don’t anticipate any other issues but figured I’d check first before winter comes

I put my battery inside of seat. OEM lead battery is tight to fit but LiFePo battery goes very easily.

I keep my sled always inside in warm, LiFePo isnt best solution if very cold weather and sled stays outside.

Once i tested keep sled outside 2 days in -15'C to - 20'C. It start up but i can say it wasnt easy start. My LiFePo battery weight is ~ 800gram. Now start 3rd winter with that sled (apex 2006 GT) and LiFePo battery, not a single problem with that =)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221001-160008.jpg
    Screenshot_20221001-160008.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 102
  • Screenshot_20221001-160017.jpg
    Screenshot_20221001-160017.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 105
Last edited:

Back