• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2007 Kodiak 450

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
Srx 700
I took my atv in for a tune up and the muchanic repacked my clutch and put a new belt on but now Iv lost about 7 km of speed as well as I ( think ) some bottom end tourqu. Any one have any idea what my be the problem . Also bike backfires like crazy now befor only a little.

I fixed back firing it was a new exauexh tip I put on . I put Ald one back on and problem solved for backfires. But still need advice about power loss. Kodiak new would do about 90 km ten years later I was getting anoua 87km after repair only 80 km

When is the last time the valve lash has been set? I'd check that first. Would explain both if I'm not mistaken.

I don't know. I don't do repairs myself unless it's something simple. I don't even know what a valve lash is. I'll ask my mechanic about it. Thanks for the input

might need multiple runs to get all the grease off of the ramps in the secondary as it will hold the rollers back preventing full shift out. my brothers rhino does the same thing when he cleans and re greases the clutches.

Back