• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Yamaha Kodiak 450 Help--Please!!

Twinkies1

Reaching out for help guys, I have a 2004 Yamaha Kodiak 450 with 2200 miles, I keep it up well, I was helping the snowmobile club yesterday putting in new trails, put on 15 miles the ATV worked great, I loading it up and heard a small backfire, when I got home the Kodiak would not start, I pulled the plug and it was dry, Figuring maybe the needle and seat stuck from the bumpy trail I pulled the carb apart, cleaned, installed new needle and seat, I drained all the gas, put in fresh, I have really good spark but I can't get any fire, I put gas straight in the back of the carb and it still wont fire, I checked the diaphrams in the carb and they appear good, new plug, I am lost, Had anyone else experienced this issue? I don't feel like paying shop rates but I am at wits end. I even poored gas into the plug hole, does not fire. Never had any issues before, been a great wheeler. Help needed in Hutchinson.

I pull the side cover off to check the Woodruff key in the flywheel, I had to order a puller so I can't tell if it is broken, but the timing is definately off. I will post results.

I pulled the Flywheel to find WoodRuff keyed sheared, replaced keyand my ATV came back to life, approx $50.00 including puller, Brian

good news then.

Back