• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2007 Rage cold start problems

Chuck Blier

Country
USA
Snowmobile
06 RS Nytro, 07 RS Rage, 12 Vector LTX
I have a 2007 Rage that does not like to start properly when cold (hasn't run for more than a couple of hours) . I put the choke on start the sled it revs to 2200-3000 at first then dies right down and shuts off. The only way to get it hot so it will Idle is to sit there and play with the throttle. I've done all the normal maintenance thing cleaned carbs twice, changed plugs, changed fuel filters, and electrically tested all the sensors. This weekend in a last ditch effort a put the carbs, fuel pumps, and ingnition coils from my 06 nytro in the (nytro runs great BTW) Still had the same problems. Any insight are greatly appreciated. Thanks

I have a 2007 Rage that does not like to start properly when cold (hasn't run for more than a couple of hours) . I put the choke on start the sled it revs to 2200-3000 at first then dies right down and shuts off. The only way to get it hot so it will Idle is to sit there and play with the throttle. I've done all the normal maintenance thing cleaned carbs twice, changed plugs, changed fuel filters, and electrically tested all the sensors. This weekend in a last ditch effort a put the carbs, fuel pumps, and ingnition coils from my 06 nytro in the (nytro runs great BTW) Still had the same problems. Any insight are greatly appreciated. Thanks

ECU going bad perhaps?

fuel filters?

ground blocks clean?

Update, New fuel filters (again), new temp sensor, carbs, fuel pumps, rectifier/regulator, ignition coils from my sled (all still running great in my sled) still wont stay reved with choke on. The only thing I haven't changed is the ignition control.
any ideas folks?

Thanks ahead of time

Has the cam chain tensioner been replaced? If the motor jumps a tooth cam timing wise during that procedure they will have symptoms like you describe.

Back