• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2007 Vector Idle Problem

Thanks for the suggestions, I did have the carb slides out to check them but wasn't sure what to look for so I might have missed something there. They seemed to travel smoothly and return to rest at the same rate when manually pushed open. I will have a look at these first since it is a bit easier than the timing.

As for the timing, that was a thought I had, this is a friends sled they bought used about 4 years ago so no idea if the update was done. I tried to see if there was a colored dot on the tensioner but wasn't able to see anything definitive. It has about 15,000 km on it, would the original tensioner have lasted that long? I will follow the timing chain how to and check the timing marks.

Mine has clicked 34000 km with this tensionner with no issue. Sleep well.
You kind of need a mirror to see the tensionner body all around.

The T.O.R.S on an 06 Vector I had was acting up and would stall upon acceleration. Had it removed and now it sputters and will stall until entirely warmed up. Possibly same problem ?

Back