• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2008 F1000 SnoPro Vs. 2007 Attak

i've have the identical attak as you and mine fairs well against my buddies 07 f1000 with a pile of d&d work done to it. however i don't know how they fair against the 08s and all the upgrades. if he is stock, it should be close.

who ever get's the hole shot the other is playing catch, so make sure you get the right set-up for traction and you shouldn't have a problem

Check this out. A quote from Jester. I for one can't believe it. Can't wait to get some snow so I can test an '08 1000 SnoPro. If it rides like everyone says a F series rides I think I'm going to like it!

"Well, well ,well! I am very happy to say that cat has finally got it right. with all the crap that many went through it seems that they listened and that is all we can ask for. Got a chance to ride a friends new 08 nightfire and we ran it against my attak and he killed me every time. The 07 stock with y-pipe against me on the attak were actually close with the 07 getting me by about a length. My 05 F7 would take the 07 by a length last year. It was the slow one in the group. The 08 plays with us quite literally at any time he wants. What I find most interesting is how much better the 08 carves the trail when riding the 07/08 back to back. It flat works and works very well. OK now how about an 08 xp? Non issue folks! It was about even with my Attak every time where it would get me out of the hole but I would pull it in the middle and about the same up top. It was clutched as well. It is a nice riding unit though and I would say a better firecat if you will. Hands down though the 08 1000 rides better and just feels right!!! In the bigger bumps the rear suspension is the best on the market hands down. They are all good don't get me wrong, but I have to say I will be on 08 f1000 next year. Back to cat. I really like the Attak but I just could not get over the ride and pull of the 08 motor even without mods. My bet is that cat has added more than just minor differences in the ecu. Don't know for sure but the motor is just flat crisper, stronger down low, hard in the middle and now knock your socks off on top. Forgot to add, at the end of the day the second fastest sled showed up! An 08 nightfire crossfire and let me tell ya it is fast as well. it would run side by side or ahead of the 08 1000 for about 600 feet and then the 08f would go by it but slowly. They were a good match but the f has the top end covered. Well done cat!! Two great sleds. Gonna have to keep my eye out for a leftover late this year and back to cat!"

Jester

Attack vs. F1000

My attack break in seemed to be around 1500 miles. Gas mileage and power got a little better. F1000 is supposed to be 164 hp. Attack is 150! Cat should technically win. If it doesn't beat the Attack I would be asking Cat for my $ back. In 06 alot of F1000 owners were asking for their $ back! Lol. Don't be too surprised if you beat him. :flag:

Only way to find out. Race him. Solves that question. My buddy has a A 650 indy polaris with pipes and trail porting that smoked a F1000 in 500ft. The f1000 was far from stock. In 500ft and beyond the f would win.

If you do race him, make sure everything is equal. ie.studs and no mods or with mods. One guy on Hardcore said he raced an 08F1000 against his Apex, both studded 144 to his 202 and he beat it. The Apex really needs to be studded to see it really pull.

Raced my buddy's '07 F1000. He has a boat load of work done to his sled.
D&D y-pipe, pipe, can, heads, porting, clutching, boondocker, O2 wide band.
He has 204 1.450" studs, I have 168 1.325" studs.
We raced four times so far. I'm sure we will race more.

Three of the four times he got me out of the hole but only got me by less than 2 sleds lengths on top. Which probably equates to with all the work done to his sled. About $1000.00 per sled length. One time I got him out of the hole he couldn't go by me and I got him by a sled length. I have only 600 miles on the sled.
I'm sure after 1000 miles I should gain some more speed.

Do a roll on @30mph and see who wins.... That will tell alot more than a hole shot race. Out of the hole traction plays to much out of is faster. At a roll, the motor will speak for it self, if it has it. If you are even or even win, then he sucks.

SledFreak said:
Do a roll on @30mph and see who wins.... That will tell alot more than a hole shot race. Out of the hole traction plays to much out of is faster. At a roll, the motor will speak for it self, if it has it. If you are even or even win, then he sucks.
Damn good point, and I think the mags should do more of THIS kind of testing and comparisons. MOST of us spend little to zero time taking off full throttle from a dead stop while on a trail ride. For MOST of us, it's all about the fun factor performance and acceleration from 30ish MPH to 90 or 100ish. WAY too damn many variables come into play from those dead stop runs/tests.

Back