• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2008 looses the attak for an apex LXT?

Doesn't look like much has changed. Hopefully the handwarmers at least! $1000 is a costly upgrade for a set of warmers that work

CaptianC said:
dirkdiggler said:
Same sled Different name.

Yup, do the comparison with the 07 attak GT, $1k more for nothing.

You do get a Way better Front shock with a double adjustable Ohlin.

I would not buy an 08 apex. It will be replaced in 09. that's why they are sweeting the deal on the Gt models with the Ohlins

After seeing the new Doo's I was really hoping for a lightweight Apex. I am not a fan of the look of the new Doo's but damn they figured out how to cut some weight off that thing this year.

Hopefully they didnt cut to much where the sled becomes weak. My buddy is a hard core doo guy now. Has an 05/07, currently doesnt care for the 08 either. He's like oh do this and do that they did their hw blah blah but we all know thats bs no sled has been perfect. There is just no amount of testing you can due to see if a mass manufactured sled is actually ganan hold up.

I did like the looks of the black GT but the white is a nice retro look. Brings back the old late 70 style SRX colours. If I had the coin I would get the 40th GT a Nytro RTX and the Phazer RTX. Al nice sleds. Try to think about what Yamaha has done with the Nytro RTX. As the ad states it's as close as you are going to get to the race sled that won. Thats an amazing thought to have that power and if you look at how high they can jump with the Nytro. WOW!!! :Rockon:

I may wait on too many more mods to my sled until I can check out the Nytro. I like to jump alot, and this thing looks like it'll do the trick. Yamaha finally won the Pro Open class with that sled, and I hope it turns out to help put alot more of them on the trails. Yammi needs to have something that will beat a Doo at jumpung and rough trail racing. I love my GT for what it's good at, but I wish it had a more aggressive suspension. (moreso than the RTX, too)

dirkdiggler said:
I would not buy an 08 apex. It will be replaced in 09. that's why they are sweeting the deal on the Gt models with the Ohlins

Are you sure about this? Or just assuming because Yamaha usually updates every three years. This would affect my purchases next year.....

Well for me riding an 06 Attak

the APEX LTX GT Offers The Following

APEX Rear Travel...11.6 / ATTAK...11.7

APEX Weight...580 / ATTAK...575

APEX Overall Height...45.7 / ATTAK...47.9

APEX Overall Length...110 / ATTAK...118.1

APEX Overall Width...48 / ATTAK...48.2

For me it's a completly new front end [shocks] and same rear susp just powered by the toggles up on the bars for both. Overall doesn't seem to be too many changes as these 136's seem to still :Rockon:

I was going to SC my o6, I think I'll be happy with my new 08 for a little while anyways :tg:

Plus all the 06 / 07 Bugs Have To Be Gone ;)!

Nice Lookin Sled, Just Needs to Be BOUNTSIZED 1ST. I'll be selling my 06 ATTAK

Attachments

• 08apexltxgt_40th_3_69e95d6c.jpg
    08apexltxgt_40th_3_69e95d6c.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 106

Back