• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2008 looses the attak for an apex LXT?

mikeyZ06 said:
dirkdiggler said:
I would not buy an 08 apex. It will be replaced in 09. that's why they are sweeting the deal on the Gt models with the Ohlins

Are you sure about this? Or just assuming because Yamaha usually updates every three years. This would affect my purchases next year.....

From what I've been told Yamaha will not build any sled more then three years. the Vector keeps it's name but it's in the apex chassis "three years later".

Attachments

• truck3.jpg
    truck3.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 49

I am Highly disappointed in annoucement. Nothing new for me. Phaser lovers should be pleased. My ride; Attak= ZERO. Not even minor improvements;instrumentation,better track options,luggage rack,mirrors etc?? Plus butt ugly 40th Anniversity graphics. I'm going to Lake Geneva to see them tonight! Maybe I can find a Rep to bitch to!

Well wife wants an attak so maybe we will pick up an 07 at a good price.

Or get the new one, doesnt really matter I guess. She doesnt want her vector so, as long as she stays happy with the sport it makes my life alot easier, and I get to ride more.

I hate to burst bubbles, but the sled that yammy is racing is about as close to the nytro they are selling as the car Dale E is driving is close to the one down at the showroom. I thought i read somehwere it wasn't even a yamaha skid in it - it was a Doo skid?

Anyways, i am much more excited about the nytro than i am the apex's. I'm glad i got mine in 06 with the black. I would really like to give the nytro a ride, and i would love to see an aftermarket package take it up to 150-160 hp, or 170-180 with a S/C. That would have me looking hard at it.

Hey guys...

Ive noticed a few things here....Ive been lookin at yammie.com VS yammie.ca sites....

US sleds seem to have LESS choices....the GT only come in red 40th edition in USA..while in canada you can get a blue GT too for less $....

also,there is NO APEX(standard) in USA.....in canada they still have a black ER APEX(standard just named apex)....but in USA only have RTX,GT and LTX..ect.

did i miss something here or does canada have alot more choices for 08?

Dan

I would assume that Yamaha Ca would have more chouces, since it is probably a bigger market. I doubt sled sales go much further south than me! (Iowa) I know the west coast gets snow in the mountains, but I'm sure they put all their good stuff on sale where it'll get the most attention. JMO...
Nate

nate007 said:
I would assume that Yamaha Ca would have more chouces, since it is probably a bigger market. I doubt sled sales go much further south than me! (Iowa) I know the west coast gets snow in the mountains, but I'm sure they put all their good stuff on sale where it'll get the most attention. JMO...
Nate

Nate..

yah this season seems different....last several seasons yammie usa and yammie canada have been identical in lineups....now if you go back to the 80s,back in those days the two countrys had many different sleds,which even looked different...

My guess is the fact that canada needed a lower priced sled,so they kept the standard apex(er) simply to keep cost down,as they are priced so high in comparison to USA....they also probably have the BLUE GT in canada to give a lower priced GT to the public here...

probably after so many threads about canadian high prices VS usa pricing,they needed some differences.

I still cant beleive there is NO base apex(er) in usa.....so now you gotta pony up some bigger bucks for any apex model...once again this makes the canadian pricing closer,as canuks can buy the ER for less..while americans must buy the rtx or gt.

Dan

Very thought provoking post Dan.

Either an overall plan to bridge the gap between US/Canada pricing or the Canadian marketing guys didnt like the US line up and pushed for their own. Or both. You would think keeping the ER would be a no brainer :dunno:

The whole thing is driven by marketing people and bean counters as to profits and economies of cost with fewer models. More profit in a tarted up ER (GT) than in a basic ER, one less model to keep in stock, one less color hood to keep in spare parts inventory etc
One more model could have required 4 sides of a page to be added to the brochure adding $100,000 to the printing cost.

machzed said:
nate007 said:
Nate

Nate..

yah this season seems different....last several seasons yammie usa and yammie canada have been identical in lineups....now if you go back to the 80s,back in those days the two countrys had many different sleds,which even looked different...

Dan

Not identical. We still got the Venture 500XL, VK540III, and Bravo (all 2 strokes) We also get the Venture Muti-purpose and Venture TF.

BOUNTYHUNTER said:
Well for me riding an 06 Attak

the APEX LTX GT Offers The Following

APEX Rear Travel...11.6 / ATTAK...11.7

APEX Weight...580 / ATTAK...575

APEX Overall Height...45.7 / ATTAK...47.9

APEX Overall Length...110 / ATTAK...118.1

APEX Overall Width...48 / ATTAK...48.2

For me it's a completly new front end [shocks] and same rear susp just powered by the toggles up on the bars for both. Overall doesn't seem to be too many changes as these 136's seem to still :Rockon:

I was going to SC my o6, I think I'll be happy with my new 08 for a little while anyways :tg:

Plus all the 06 / 07 Bugs Have To Be Gone ;)!

Nice Lookin Sled, Just Needs to Be BOUNTSIZED 1ST. I'll be selling my 06 ATTAK

The pics of the 07 and 08 looks exactly the same..If the 08 is shorter the pic should show it.. Hmmmm...

My wife is absolutely nuts over the new Apex long track, the white/red one. She even has it as her screen saver at work. She has printed everything off to compare the Attak GT to it. I wonder how they are saying its shorter. I told her that has to be a misprint. Nothing changed.... .

I imagine when I pick up my apex from the dealer friday she will put her order in for hers.

CaptCaper said:
BOUNTYHUNTER said:
Well for me riding an 06 Attak

the APEX LTX GT Offers The Following

APEX Rear Travel...11.6 / ATTAK...11.7

APEX Weight...580 / ATTAK...575

APEX Overall Height...45.7 / ATTAK...47.9

APEX Overall Length...110 / ATTAK...118.1

APEX Overall Width...48 / ATTAK...48.2

me it's a completly new front end [shocks] and same rear susp just powered by the toggles up on the bars for both. Overall doesn't seem to be too many changes as these 136's seem to still :Rockon:

I was going to SC my o6, I think I'll be happy with my new 08 for a little while anyways :tg:

Plus all the 06 / 07 Bugs Have To Be Gone ;)!

Nice Lookin Sled, Just Needs to Be BOUNTSIZED 1ST. I'll be selling my 06 ATTAK

The pics of the 07 and 08 looks exactly the same..If the 08 is shorter the pic should show it.. Hmmmm...

That figure of 110.4" length for the Apex LTX is an ERROR. That's the length of the standard Apex not the LTX(Attak). The only change for the 08's is the Ohlin shocks upfront vs the Yammie shocks on the 07's. A great deal for $1000 increase in price, NOT!!

The reason for no Apex ER in the USA is because Yamaha USA, by looking at dealer inventory, has decided not to produce the Apex ER this year to try to reduce inventory. They believe what is left over in 2006-2007 model year Apex ER sleds is sufficient for the demand of them.

Back