• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2008 mods

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2008 venture lite
hello just picked up a 2008 venture lite 1500kms. Looking for some help, going to install a tether was going to tie into kill
Switch wires unless there is a plug somewhere that’s easier. Inline coolant heater best place hose going from tank to water pump? Someone told me Yamaha made a rad guard for this sled but couldn’t find where they listed that sort of stuff on there site. Anyone else have any good ideas on what I should do to it? Thank you very much

Looking for some help, going to install a tether was going to tie into kill

Did this on my son's Phazer. Use a Cat kill tether switch, which is a normally open switch (closed when running) tied into the kill switch wiring.

Inline coolant heater best place hose going from tank to water pump?

I'd say the best place is between the engine and thermostat. That way you're just heating the coolant in that part of the system since it will be in bypass mode.

Someone told me Yamaha made a rad guard for this sled but couldn’t find where they listed that sort of stuff on there site.

They still have some but not much.
https://www.yamaha-motor.ca/eshop/m...itId=4772&unitName=2017+Venture+Multi-Purpose

For the radiator grill guard, I made one once out of a waste paper basket from Dollarama. Cut and shape to fit. The original one from Yamaha mounted on the inside of the plastic cover with nuts and bolts through the plastic.
https://ty4stroke.com/threads/phazer-fx-fan-radiator-guard-and-tunnel-closure.42157/#post-371516

For other mods, look through this section. Lots of ideas in here. I do recommend a temp gauge like I did just as a preventive. It doesn't overheat a lot but it's good to know what's going on. That Koso gauge is available on Amazon.ca.
Temp gauge install

Back