• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2008 nytro misfire at low rpms

bkhett

i have an 08 nytro rtx. at around 20 mph, sled has a major misfire, and will often stall. if you get on the throttle, it runs great, but the minute you let off the gas, it misfires and bucks like a horse. mechanic says i got some bad gas, but new gas and 20 miles later....still the same. bypassed t.o.r.s. and it still does it. any ideas?

Plugs are where I would start, along with some fuel system treatment to boot. I would also unplug the ecu for a bit to ensure its nothing going nuts with it or a bad connection.

How many miles are on your sled? Put some CR10EK plugs in her and she will love you

Exhaust donuts? Mine were shot at 3,000 miles. I know bad donuts will make it backfire. The donuts are a covered item from Yamaha if you still have warranty.

the sled has 1300 miles on it. i changed the plugs. also put fuel additive in it. the mechanic told me to drive a tank of gas through it hard. rode 20 miles hard. no change. put it away for the night. got it out today, and it seems to run fine. small backfire when i let off the gas, but minimal. i guess it was the gas. keepin my fingers crossed. i read that the engine has an air intake when you decelerate to assist with slowdown. could that be the backfire i hear now?

Use sea foam, especially when running the ethanol stuff. Should help with the popping and missing, it does with mine anyway. Good luck buddy

never heard of sea foam. what is it? i used stabil, and then i switched to star tech gas additive.

Do a search on here or google it. It's really good stuff and personally think it works the best out of anything i've used. There is a lot of information about it on here, like pages of discussion. Once you use it, you will think the same ;)!

You may want to check the ignition wires. Just had mine in for the same thing. It was running ruff at low rpm and idle and I was getting a 33 code. Apparently when they route the ignition wires they rub on an engine mount and they short out when at low rpm. mine was the orange wire and they also replaced the coil stick in the 1st cylinder.

check all the vacuum lines running fron the intake boots to the sensors, and make sure the throttle bodies are all the way into the intake boots.

so yesterday i filled the tank, added half a can of seafoam and went for a ride. sled ran fine for @ 40 miles......then the same crap started! kicking and spitting when at low rpms and when decelerating. stalled acouple of times. do i put more new gas thru it like the mechanic said (he said run 2 tanks of gas thru it, thinks its bad gas), or take it to a different shop. starting to get frustrated!! any ideas out there?

Back