• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Nytro 34 code fried ecu?

Srazz

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2008 Yamaha nytro
Hello out there need as much input as I can get
Got a nytro with code 34 new plugs new coils, that’s eliminated, sled was at the dealer dealer put in a ecu couple km later sled threw same code 34 misfire ran like crap
Disconnected battery went into diag menu code does not clear, suspected a short somewhere in ignition system, pulled whole harness out of the sled went through everything found 2 things oil dip stick wirring has crimp connectors that are broken and idle air control wire the brown and blue wire has exposed copper and is chewed up I’m scared to put a new ecu and turn the key to find out that code is gonna come back and then I’m out another $1400 for another ecu, do you guys think that the idle control harness could cause this code? I also put my ohm meter to cyl 2 coil wires on ecu pins and it has 32ohms not sure what to do please give input anything helps thanks

Most likely the harness that plugs into your coils.
Read my posts in attached thread.

Also rear post #20 in this thread.

When you checked your harness did you inspect the square grounding connector?. Had a customer that did nytro swap into a car and was having similar issues. Turned out to be one of the ground blocks. They are found throughout the harness and often times electrical taped to the harness. Take the black cap off and check for corrosion. Best bet is to cut the wires off and solder all 4 wires together for a permanent fix.

Also, I would likely have a good used ECU if you need another.

Got a nytro with code 34 new plugs new coils, that’s eliminated, sled was at the dealer dealer put in a ecu couple km later sled threw same code 34 misfire ran like crap
Disconnected battery went into diag menu code does not clear, suspected a short somewhere in ignition system, pulled whole harness out of the sled went through everything found 2 things oil dip stick wirring has crimp connectors that are broken and idle air control wire the brown and blue wire has exposed copper and is chewed up I’m scared to put a new ecu and turn the key to find out that code is gonna come back and then I’m out another $1400 for another ecu, do you guys think that the idle control harness could cause this code? I also put my ohm meter to cyl 2 coil wires on ecu pins and it has 32ohms not sure what to do please give input anything helps thanks
just went through this on a phazer getting a code 33 (injector 1). did you check the plug that goes in to the coil? I zip tie engineered mine to tighten it up, ran all day perfectly... i'm ordering all new connectors... now at the same time i found a bad wire on the connector to the injector, which should NOT throw a coil short code, but who knows, I also am ordering new plugs for those as well. I'm going to have a few extras on hand, as i have two apex and a nytro as well. Easy check is to swap your coils around, if the code moves, its the coil, if it stays the same its the wire of connector.

i chased this problem forever, and every time i swappde plugs, or got in there and did dielectric It went away only to return, the whole time i ignored the obvious... the connector... my zip tie trick just tightened the plug so it didn't wiggle around while driving, i suspect this is what was happening.

Also rear post #20 in this thread.

74Nitro was correct on my phazer... it is the plug, i'm just ordering new ones now, can't seem to track down a factory "Sub Wire Harness 1" for the phazer.

74Nitro was correct on my phazer... it is the plug, i'm just ordering new ones now, can't seem to track down a factory "Sub Wire Harness 1" for the phazer.
update, soldered a new plug in for the injector, problem gone. i bought 2 spares as well. I purchased ones that had the leads on them rather than wire the plug itself. $5 fix.

did you fix this?

did you fix this?
Hey sorry for late reply, yes I did! After going through entire wire harness and fixing a couple things I put brand new oem coils from Yamaha in (ouch that was a good chunk of change) found a used ecu (big save there) and then sled fired right and up and runs great no issues!

Back