• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2008 Phazer GT rear shocks??????

Leroy

I am looking at snowchecking a 2008 Phazer GT. I was looking at the specs on the rear shocks compare to last year and this year it says the are KYB gas cell.

My question is, arent gas cell shocks one of the cheepest shocks out there??? They show the same shock on the standard phazer??

Also if you look at the gallery on the phazer GT, they show the same rear skid as the new NYTRO?? Whats up with that, I do not imagine they are using the same, but who knows. Has any one seen the new 2008's at the shows to verify this??

So another questin I have is would I be better going with the 2008 Phazer RTX, with better rear shocks, and the FOX Floats up front?? All I have to do is add the wind deflectors and a higher windshield to get it the way I want it??

My type of riding is usuallly groomed trail, that is why I am looking at the Phazer GT. But half the time we ride pretty hard and the trails have a tendancy to get a little rough on the weekends.

So if any one out there has any info or advice on this matter I would greatly appreciate it. I figure it would be alot cheaper to add afew things to the RTX, than to have to buy new shocks for the GT??

Thanks for all you help, Leroy

Attachments

• maplcl.JPG
    maplcl.JPG
    60 KB · Views: 79

Just one more question.

Does anyone now if the Phazer GT and RTX(or FX) Windshield mount are the same???

They sure look the same??? Thanks again, Leroy

Yes, the shock on the GT has been downgraded for 2008. The fuel capacity is also lower, reportedly to meet EPA 2008 emission requirements.

Yes, you can mount a GT windshield as well as the GT wind deflectors to the Phazer RTX.

sleddersteve- hopefully you won't get one with bling-bling on the front a-arms, because i know what happens after you've had a couple red bull slushies. lol

FLYBYU said:
sleddersteve- hopefully you won't get one with bling-bling on the front a-arms, because i know what happens after you've had a couple red bull slushies. lol

that sounds like a new u tube video waiting to happen!

SledderSteve said:
Yes, the shock on the GT has been downgraded for 2008. The fuel capacity is also lower, reportedly to meet EPA 2008 emission requirements.

Yes, you can mount a GT windshield as well as the GT wind deflectors to the Phazer RTX.

So the tank is smaller, or they list its capacity lower so its not filled to the brim?

thetruck454 said:
So the tank is smaller, or they list its capacity lower so its not filled to the brim?
I hope it's merely a listing and not a reduction in the actual capacity. My FX burned 6 gallons in 80 miles while "attempting" to hang with a group of Apex riders in the UP on lakes and RR grades. 7 gallons would put the range at something less than 100 miles in those same conditions. My mileage has been considerably better on tighter, slower trails.

No bling-bling or slushies this time Joe (FLYBYU), I learned my lesson. Now a daze, people catch you pulling those stunts and you become a u tube video.
LaLaLa

Back