• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2008 Phazer updates... Hot grip?

The Dude

Just took my Phazer in for the 3 tech updates, new hot grip harness, ground block and A arm ends. My question is, does the new hot grip harness really fix the grips, they did work before but definitely not good enough. I'll be testing it out this weekend so they'll either do the trick or it's Yamaheaters for sure.

I installed the updated wiring for the grip warmers last year on my 07. What a difference! I never have them above 3!

That's definitely some good news. I do use gauntlets when it's really cold anyway, but it's been real chilly here lately and -20 F and lower the current grip warmers thick gloves and gauntlets just aren't cutting it, at all! Thanks for your reply!

Wait a minute.. there is a hotgrip harness update??

Was there a bulletin from Yamaha on this or is this something as an optional addon?

Mine are WEAK WEAK WEAK on an 07 standard

Here is the bulletin S2007-012. Part was under $20 and maybe half hour to install.

Attachments

• 2007-012.pdf
    627.5 KB · Views: 388
I have all the bulletins for the Phazer. If you want them let me know (the files are large). They are:

TSB 2007-001 Front Suspension Upper Arm Ball Joint Nut tightening
TSB 2007-006 Steering Idler Arm Nut
TSB 2007-007 Air Intake, Engine Mount, and Air Intake Snow protection
TSB 2007-011 Cold Start ECU update
TSB 2007-012 Insufficent heat output from Grip Warmers
TSB 2008-005 Close Rear Tunnel hole additional heat deflectors
TSB 2008-007 Loose and Noisy Front Suspension Lower Arm Ball Joint
TSB 2009-004 Shifting in Reverse Difficulties
TSB 2009-008 Ground Failure at Joint Connector

Cubby said:
I installed the updated wiring for the grip warmers last year on my 07. What a difference! I never have them above 3!

same here, you put them any higher you can start to smell your gloves.

Cubby said:
I have all the bulletins for the Phazer. If you want them let me know (the files are large). They are:

TSB 2007-001 Front Suspension Upper Arm Ball Joint Nut tightening
TSB 2007-006 Steering Idler Arm Nut
TSB 2007-007 Air Intake, Engine Mount, and Air Intake Snow protection
TSB 2007-011 Cold Start ECU update
TSB 2007-012 Insufficent heat output from Grip Warmers
TSB 2008-005 Close Rear Tunnel hole additional heat deflectors
TSB 2008-007 Loose and Noisy Front Suspension Lower Arm Ball Joint
TSB 2009-004 Shifting in Reverse Difficulties
TSB 2009-008 Ground Failure at Joint Connector

Could you Post the TSB 2009-004 Shifting in Reverse Difficulties Bulletin?

Thanks

Hi Tmac220. Its too big to post here - 1.8 MB. Please PM me your email address and I will send it to you. I have the shim installed this year as last year I was having intermittent issues getting into reverse - even with the new belt. So far its working this year.

The part # for the grip warmer harness on the receipt is 90891-50150-00 and it was a warranty thing don't know if all years are covered though? Supposedly it changes the wiring from being in series to parallel ?
Other issues include the reverse, ie, hard to get to go in and out of, but no trouble so far this season, am running the chain looser and the belt has 1000 miles on which may or may not help, but it's working good this season so far, it was a Big problem the first year.

Cubby said:

Does this update apply to Canadian models? Cubby...you're from Winnipeg so you've done it. I haven't seen that service bulletin on Yamaha Canada's website. Does the harness apply to our sleds and can you order it from a Canadian dealer or did you order it from the US?

The bulletin applies to 08 but i installed it on my 07 with no problems. I bought the update from my local dealer for $12. Both local dealers i called had them in stock.

Back