• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2008 rtx blue

franklin

Pro
There is an possiblity to buy new nytro rtx for $8,100. Thing is my girlfriend loves her phazer and does not know if she can handle the nytro. I allready have a nytro for me, but don't really want the deal get away. Thing is my dealer is offering the deals on every leftover sled he has yamaha and arctic cat. Is it worth it just to see if she likes it ?

Just to see if she likes it? that don't make no sense,You have a Nytro but your going to buy her one JUST TO SEE IF SHE LIKES IT? Did she ride your sled in the winter? I wouldnt spend 8,100 on a maybe.

If she loves her Phazer you really need to be sure she will love her Nytro as well. This is too big of a commitment for anything less than true love. Perhaps she could spend a weekend away with the Nytro and maybe then find that spark in each other.

Or, you could get the sled and a new girlfriend.

Calm down there RTX. Franklin, it's not that great of a deal if she loves the phazer already. Now if she loved your sled and had some good seat time on it last year then I could see it being a good deal.

The Nytro is a pretty wild sled for a woman that isn't pretty strong and aggressive, that is the judgement I would make. The Nytro is a handful for the uninitiated, and you really have to love this kind of sled to get along with it. Nothing like riding a 2 stroke or a Phazer with its' predictable powerband, the Nytro has amazing low end and can pull the skis at any speed, a little too much for a 100lb girl. Wig

If she loves her phazer then I would let her continue on the phazer. Save that money for other toys or mods ... or for a nice sled trip together this winter.

I agree with the above, I would at least wait until next year if not the following year. Let her ride yours a few times and see what she thinks. My wife has a Phazer Mtn. she loves it, I think she'll also like my S.E. for the ergos as they are simular but she hated my Apex due to the heavier feel and the touchy throttle. Now this is assuming she doesn't ride aggresively but the RTX might be a bit much anyway. Probably too stiff as it like to be beat on. Now you could have the shocks revalved but it sort of defeats the purpose. Not t mention the fact that the 09's are going to have many improvements from the 08's (hopefully). I would wait until at least next year, have her ride your's a fe times, maybe demo a 09'. Then if she like's it buy a left over 09'. Maybe even an XTX. I know my wife likes how her 144" bridges the stutters. This is just my thinking, in the end it's your money so you do what you want.

Thanks, I think she is going to stick with the phazer. She does not want to go through the supension thing like we did on her phazer, it is an rtx also and the shocks and springs were to stiff for her the first year and after revalve and new springs it is finally riding great for her, she just wishes it was a little faster on the top end.

Back