• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2008 rtx wont idle when hot and ruff low throttle

Trxratt

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2007 Yamaha phaser max
I bought a 2008 rtx with 7200 miles in November it ran good but it didn’t last ended up putting a stator in it for a bad crank position sensor and that fixed it. Did plugs and oils change as well. Got 100 miles on it and then shut it off for a break when I went to restart it it would restart with out giving it gas and wouldn’t idle. So we headed back to the truck it would die anytime I would come to a stop. It came out of it on the way back to the truck. Rode around the yard yesterday and it ran fine for the first 30 minutes then started acting up again same problem and you could here it popping out the exhaust and a hesitation around 1/4 throttle. Runs well up in the higher rpm I’m leaning toward coil or injectors but looking for more thoughts

No factory Yamaha I don’t trust aftermarket stators

Did you check the ground block? There's also the main ground wire spade connector that can get corroded and the speedo sensor wiring.

I'd suggest checking the ground block too. One of mine had a similar issue that ended up being a bad TPS. It had an intermittent dead spot at low throttle settings and would go lean and backfire. It was nearly undrivable at times but ran great at 1/2 throttle or higher. The TPS is easy to check in the diagnostic mode just to rule it out.

Seems like TORS is activating.
I had that thought too except when one of mine had a TORS issue (due to a misadjusted throttle cable) it would flash the warning light and give a code 84. Maybe the OP just hasn't looked in time to notice it coming on...?

Haven’t had any engine or warning lights because iv been looking and hoping for one to point me in the right direction

I’d also suggest diagnostic mode sounds like the tors or tps. My sled did the same thing at 1/4 throttle backfiring anything above that it ran great, zero codes. Replaced the tps sensor and it’s been fine ever since

Mine didn't backfire, but had a dead spot, I noticed it liked to throw me forward and I finally realized it was cutting out. Never backfired, or anything. As I started to see it more, I noticed it was a specific spot on the throttle, when I did some steering upgrades, I cleaned things up, swapped plugs. Didn't have any issues after, I believe I had a dirty connection on the TPS, but changed plugs just cause I was in there.

Back