• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2008 spring upgrade / Track

SLEDNECK67

Veteran
Hey guys I know from reading on this forum this topic has been beat to death but here we go again I think I am going to upgrade the springs on my 2008 mtx to the apex 2100. I was wondering when I do change the springs is there anything else I need to upgrade or to change once I change them.

Also was wondering of the best route to fix the stupid #$%&* cuped track would it be better to reverse it or will they just flip the other way, shall i cut them down to 2 inch or down to 1 3/4? Or is anyone selling a track willing to ship to canada?

Thank you guys so much for all the info you guys can give :4STroke:

SLEDNECK67
A few people have swapped out thier springs for heavier springs because the '08 suspension was a very soft even on the stiffest setting for heavier riders. from what i have read it is a pretty easy swap. Sorry i cant be more help because I, like a lot of other guys, opted to go with a lightweight aftermarket rear skid.
Save up the money and go with either a powerclaw or CE track. there have a been a few guys that have tried all the things you mention with limited sucess. The majority of people would agree dont wasite your time/energy and just swap out the track. It is a completely diferent sled after you swap no joke. ;)!

The maverick is a piece of junk. You won't realize it until you swap it out. I went the cheapest route possible and bought a brand new attack 20 162" track for $200. Ran it in hillclimb position from day one and I love it. Even with all the negative comments on the Attack 20 track it made a pretty big difference in performance!

With regards to the track cupping, I cut imine down to 1.8 and it still cupped. In saying that it seems like the track hooks up better with the cut lugs.
I still think it's crap though. I may squeeze another year out of the mav then its on to a PC or Challenger.
Not 100% sure but I think it's just swap and thats it. A guy at the dealer said the springs are the same except for the NM ratings, Apex being higher of course. I put a set of spring spacers and X clicks on my sled. It helped but I still find after a long day it gets pretty soft. This may be the shock more then anything. When the mav goes so will the stock springs.

RG

thanks man I am def looking at getting a new track for next year but looking for a small fix for this season

I just finished installing the cr racing post relocator kit and also have the air frame boars are on order.

also if anyone else can pass on some info that would be great

Back