• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2009 Nytro XTX ...to stud or not to stud??

just got my XTX studded yesterday. The 144 track has 57 bars. I went with 2 studs per bar using the Woodys double plate backers. So a total of 114 studs is what i am running. I hope I made the right choice. Goodluck!

I went with my 09 XtX 152 studs what Woodys said to go with then bought 8" slim Jim and my sled seem to run way better! Plus a little twinking on the suspension and she runs on rails!!! I also have the most expensive kit Ulmer racing has for my sled and it's amazing the difference between stock and now! Good luck with ur sled! :die

Not even a question stud her up boys...If not for the acceleration benefit do it for the braking and safety benefit.

billymx815 said:
Not even a question stud her up boys...If not for the acceleration benefit do it for the braking and safety benefit.
I completely agree with billy, in maine its a safety issue not to stud. This last weekend my wife flipped her sled because it was not studded. She didn't get hurt, but studding is a really good idea.

Stuuded mine last weekend 2 studs per lug safe than sorry. The bad thing was I had to use 10 different studs than the original I had put on. Long story. I would suggest using Woodys Gold Diggers I used Mack Studs Mega bite not overly impressed to the quality of the 8 he handed picked 2 of the threads on the studs were messed up. Oh well lesson learned.

96 Woodys Gold Diggers down the middle...Can't miss with that!

114 down the center works well for me. The only downside to studding is the chance of throwing a stud thru the front heat exchanger.

Ice Ripper XT pre studded track.;)!
No worrying about sending a stud through the heat exchanger. :Rockon:

I had an Ice Ripper XT on my RX-1. Great track unfortunately the Ice Ripper is not available in 144 inches.

Back