• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2009 Nytro XTX ...to stud or not to stud??

stud her up!

just finished breakin my xtx in. and all i can say is STUD IT!! im doing like 96 up the middle or whatever it is for this track 104?? double backers, as short a stud as i can go.
I almost lost it quite a few times, if i wasnt as good a rider as i am, the sled def would have went over this weekend. any sort of ice and the track and skis want to swap ends because of the engine braking and/or track slippage. its not cool. I was in maine, the lakes had very little snow on them, and the trails had lots of water seepage that had frozen.

Re: stud her up!

Groomer08 said:
just finished breakin my xtx in. and all i can say is STUD IT!! im doing like 96 up the middle or whatever it is for this track 104?? double backers, as short a stud as i can go.
I almost lost it quite a few times, if i wasnt as good a rider as i am, the sled def would have went over this weekend. any sort of ice and the track and skis want to swap ends because of the engine braking and/or track slippage. its not cool. I was in maine, the lakes had very little snow on them, and the trails had lots of water seepage that had frozen.

No...For the XTX it is 114 down the center and you're ready to go... :4STroke:

ah yes

i knew there was a 4 in it. 114 thats what it was! yup im going that route!!! picking as short a stud as possible to avoid any issues with undertunnel. checking a buddys sled today to see if i can get away with 1.25"(mine is in maine still)

Run no less then 1.325 or 1.375. That is the recommended height on studs for the Nytro/XTX models. If you are going to run a shorter studs ( you are wasting your money) and then you might as well just change your track to the ice ripper sharp XT track. That would be a better option, then going with a very low stud penetration.

SledFreak said:
Run no less then 1.325 or 1.375. That is the recommended height on studs for the Nytro/XTX models. If you are going to run a shorter studs ( you are wasting your money) and then you might as well just change your track to the ice ripper sharp XT track. That would be a better option, then going with a very low stud penetration.
I agree. I studded mine with my used 1.075's. I have about 1/8 penetration, which helps, but will deffinitly go longer when these are wore out.

Back