• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2009 vector starter removal

wkeggenhoff

Expert
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2006 Yamaha Apex RTX
guys whats involved to remove starter. What can I remove to get a bar in there to tap it to see if it will spin

Battery is good, Starter relay is good. Power coming out of relay down to starter

Parts breakdown gives me no indication of where starter is

Wire from solenoid seems to run back right frame spar then disappears

tried rotating clutch in correct direction incase starter pinion was jammed out, didn't help

Thanks

starter is on the back of the engine. i have heard you can access it from the bottom. never done one myself. grizztracks had a step by step up on hereon how to replace it on a vector/venture/rage.

grizztracks had a step by step up on hereon how to replace it on a vector/venture/rage. I followed this set of instructions and took my time, all went well. I bet your magnets in the starter came loose. Did you try and start it in severe cold? That's what happened to me, first -27 C start attempt, starter went and would only partially turn. Stop it you have this symptom, because the starter engages an idler gear inside the motor and can shear teeth off inside your motor, like mine did. I ended up taking out the engine and pulling the oil pan to retrieve the 3 teeth. I put in a new Rick's Sports starter in and it is good so far, Hope this helps.

Back