• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2009 venture lite ECU ??

Mattcull

Veteran
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2009 Yamaha venture lite
I think my ecu is fried. Any help...
I was wondering if i can test it somehow?
I don't know of anyone with an ecu to switch with.

I have engine code 43 right now

last week engine code 81 came up. but only after the hand warmers were on for a period of time.

So now i turn the key and nothing happens. I hear a ticking sound from the buzzer and that's it.

So...I'm thinking ecu is done. Where's the best spot to buy one? Can I test it to make sure its busted. I looked for any wires that were creating a short or such thing, no luck.

try using a boost pack on it. sounding like a bad/dead battery atm. also sounding like the ground blocks need attention and that can cause some code issues.

try using a boost pack on it. sounding like a bad/dead battery atm. also sounding like the ground blocks need attention and that can cause some code issues.

k will def try the battery boost thing. I did check the ground blocks. I found two of them, both looked to be in good shape. is there more?

Like @maim , I'm also thinking it's a ground or power issue. Check the things mentioned in that other thread. If you can get it started with a booster or after charging, check your voltage for proper stator output (~14v)

Like @maim , I'm also thinking it's a ground or power issue. Check the things mentioned in that other thread. If you can get it started with a booster or after charging, check your voltage for proper stator output (~14v)
Well I did get it started with the booster! So that’s good news. I recently replaced the stator - and for 14.7v as the output. I’ll check again. I wonder if the battery is just toast?

it will take a charge but perhaps isn’t holding it well? Man this electrical stuff is a pain.
Thanks for all the help guys! I really appreciate it!

Well I did get it started with the booster! So that’s good news. I recently replaced the stator - and for 14.7v as the output. I’ll check again. I wonder if the battery is just toast?

it will take a charge but perhaps isn’t holding it well? Man this electrical stuff is a pain.
Thanks for all the help guys! I really appreciate it!
I checked the voltage at the battery when running ... it’s 14.3v

but then why does the battery die? Batteries sure are a mystery . Guess it’s time for a new one

If it's original, I'd just replace it. Probably got damaged getting run down from the bad stator. At least you know it's working fine now.

x2 on what mooseman said.

Back