• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2010 Apex LTX Slide wear....Survey and question!

SnofishersBuddy

Veteran
If any of you guys are running a 2010 Apex LTX I was wondering what type of hifax mileage you were seeing? Also when it was wearing did it seem to be in the front or the standard rear type wear.

Also if you are running any type of mods to help with that wear what they are?

I am seeing some of the 2010's wearing really early up front. It doesn't seem to matter how loose or tight the track is run or limiter position.

I appreciate any reply's I get. Thank you!

I have 1800 kms on my 2010 ltx without any wheel mods. They seemed to wear fast at first, but then not as much after 500 kms. There is more wear on the hyfax in front of the inner idler wheels.

I have same sled. I did add the marginal snow wheel kit front and back only to save them from wearing from the start. I had about 500kms on when I installed and now have about 1500kms on sled. You can see where they were wearing at the front mostly so I'm sure the wheels are helping some.

breake them in

i went through this with my sled and the wifes..then was told to put snow on them to cool..then ride for 10 ks.then put snow and repeat 4 times..then do it every 20ks three times..then they should be good...like steel..heat it..cool it..and it gets harder...got over 2100 on my wifes and mine..scratchers all the time..cause of long tracks..and not in powder..if you just go..they will wear at first then stop like after 250-500ks..depending on conditions..

Back