• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2010 Nytro mtx hitting limiter a lot in loose powder

russellrox said:
towerrigger said:
Check your clutch weights, are they empty?

Looked at the weights but couldn't see any rivets or anything but the weight, I am not sure where the rivets go, but the yamaha dealer says the sled is clutched for 10000 feet aparently, they said once the clutches get more worn in they will start overreving, they said a 100.00 bucks to do the work, I think I will just get them to do the work to fix this, hopefully this does the trick.

My MTX is bouncing off the rev limiter as well. From advice on here, a 47deg helix on the secondary with a pink spring and a 1-6 pre-load should get it close. I have the parts on the way, so I'll know how it works in a couple of weeks.

If the dealer is only charging you a hundy to dial it in, I think I would go that route.
;)!

Get a Shockwave on your secondary. You can "fine tune" to the snow conditions.

The shockwave is a little too steep of angle for a stock nytro.Maybe at sea level it can pull it but not at altitude.

You can get different helixes. My cousin runs one on his stock nytro with no problems. Obviously you need to tune the primary, but once you have done that the Shockwave makes it easy to fine tune for the snow conditions/altitude.

08nytromtx said:
Off Trail Mike said:
Concur with MtnViper, Yamaha ships their MTX set up for elevation. If you want to run it close to sea level, you can purchase a sea-level kit from Yamaha, which includes a new primary spring/chain/sprocket, and they are not cheap. $800 maybe

But they work awesome. I never over rev, and they are pretty effortless in powder or hardpack...or all the ice and bulletproof garbage we are getting this year, aside from the burning slides.

OTM

So are you just running 22/40 gearing and the blue, brown, blue primary spring with 13.3 inner and 17.2 middle and outer rivets on the weights that came stock?

Sorry, 08nytromtx, been away from TY..actually riding powder yesterday....finally!. Got 12" of champagne powder yesterday....we never get this stuff.....it actually snowed weightless fluff with no wind...rarest of rare. Long wait this year.

Yeah, 22/40 Blue Brown Blue, with white secondary. On the weights, it looks like 17.2 inner and 13.3 in the outer two rivets. I not certian on the actual weights, but definitely the heavier one is closest to the pivot. I'll confirm with my dealer this week.

OTM

Off Trail Mike said:
08nytromtx said:
Off Trail Mike said:
Concur with MtnViper, Yamaha ships their MTX set up for elevation. If you want to run it close to sea level, you can purchase a sea-level kit from Yamaha, which includes a new primary spring/chain/sprocket, and they are not cheap. $800 maybe

But they work awesome. I never over rev, and they are pretty effortless in powder or hardpack...or all the ice and bulletproof garbage we are getting this year, aside from the burning slides.

OTM

So are you just running 22/40 gearing and the blue, brown, blue primary spring with 13.3 inner and 17.2 middle and outer rivets on the weights that came stock?

Sorry, 08nytromtx, been away from TY..actually riding powder yesterday....finally!. Got 12" of champagne powder yesterday....EPIC...we never get this stuff.....it actually snowed weightless fluff with no wind...rarest of rare. ends a long wait this year.

Yeah, 22/40 Blue Brown Blue, with white secondary. On the weights, it looks like 17.2 inner and 13.3 in the outer two rivets. I'm not certian on the actual weights, but definitely the heavier one is closest to the pivot. I'll confirm with my dealer this week.

OTM

Thanks, thats what I came up with too. I bought the Yamaha clutch puller tool but no luck with getting the primary off. The shaft of the puller is now slightly bent and the primary didn't budge. Anybody have any tips on getting a stubborn primary off?

But if you do want to get the primary off just put your puller in the clutch as far as you can and hit the end of the puller with a mallet. It will pop right off 9 out of ten times .

Back