• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2010 vector delivery

shinze

Veteran
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2015 viper ltx dx
I was just wondering if anyone has heard from their dealer about their 10` vector was in, I thought that they were here already since my 07 apex came in late july. maybe they will be later because of the limited amount being produced? I ordered a blue gt for my wife, i cant wait to see how it runs vs. her 08 vector gt that i am trading in. :yam:

I asked my dealer about 4 weeks ago and he did not have a date on my 2010 Vector LTX.
I am a bit concerned as it appears that Yamaha has cut snowmobile production this year.
Sold my Ski-Doo at the end of last winter and was able to test drive the demo LTX.

Checked with my dealer and my Vector will be shipped in november.
Also noted on the Yamaha site that the spring registration voucher for a 4 year warranty on a 2010 snowmobile will now apply to prior year models.

I know its none of my bussiness, but if you guys wouldnt mind, what are they allowing you for your 08 vectors on trade?

My dealer just told me Yamaha cut production and cut his sled order and he won't be getting the blue ltx Gt I wanted to buy. Going to try to find one but might be riding the 06 Attak another year.

jat59- thinking of getting a new sled? If so shoot me a pm with price. might be interested. person can always use another sled :-o :drink:

Its been a month since this post got started. Has anyone received their
snow checked Vector?
I hear some dealers have them in their showrooms and others are waiting
to clear out their 09's

Picked up my new Vector LTX GT (blue) this week. It looks great!!! One thing which surprised me was that Yamaha has moved the side reflectors closer to the front and rear. In order to do this they have small brackets on which the reflectors are mounted. Not sure I like this - I may just move them back to the side panels and take the small brackets off. I'm wondering if the reflectors weren't in compliance with safety regulations? This could be the reason for late arrivals of the new sleds.

ezrider said:
Picked up my new Vector LTX GT (blue) this week. It looks great!!! One thing which surprised me was that Yamaha has moved the side reflectors closer to the front and rear. In order to do this they have small brackets on which the reflectors are mounted. Not sure I like this - I may just move them back to the side panels and take the small brackets off. I'm wondering if the reflectors weren't in compliance with safety regulations? This could be the reason for late arrivals of the new sleds.

:worth: :tg:

2010 Vector LTX GT

Picture attached!

Attachments

• Vector-Avatar.jpg
    Vector-Avatar.jpg
    6 KB · Views: 518
Ezrider....

I spoke to the dealer about the side reflectors and he said that Yamaha was told to do this because of some transportation vehicle safety standard. Reflectors are supposed to be placed as close to the front as possible of the unit as this gives the traffic (from the sides) more time to react thus potentially avoiding high risk accidents. I am not sure what that amounts to as in time and being able to react faster if your moving at 50mph and this is now 16" inches closer but I guess the feds are ensuring the best safety for all of us.

When you think more about it, it makes sense but on this sled, I think it looks ugly and you can tell, its like a last minute fix as it should be built into the panels, not bolted on.

Getting Lori a new Vector and was checking one out at toronto show friday....

man,those yellow reflectors look like crap....cheap bracket riveted them on,i will be removing those for sure....just sucks cause there will be two holes that need to be filled then....not sure why after 4 model yrs of this chassis it now got changed....ugly!

i assume all apexs ect in this chassis have the same change.....yuk

Dan

Back