• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2010 Vector Mirrors

not sure what to tell you,i swear on my mother's head i did this with my hanheld,LOL,the trail was so smooth,not 1 bump and its so straight that its quite easy to do,i have many more videos like that,i wouldnt do this in middle of the day but early in the morning when there is no traffic is good

I believe ya' Pat. I've got a couple just like those. Made them in the spring of 2008 in Munising MI. My wife was VERY upset LOL! I had just broken my RIGHT collarbone in January. Trails were pool table smoooth. She saw the speedo reading 108 MPH and hit the roof LOL!! My camera is an Olympus 760.

Hey Pat,
Nice video!! wish I had a wide open place like that to feel some degree of safety to run it out. I ride in Old Forge NY and except for the lakes there isn't a nice straigth run like that where you don't have to worry about a deer or another machine crossing your path, so safety prevails. And like you said, 99% of the time I'm well within the speed limits, but nice to push it once in awhile.
As for the mirrors, not sure if it would matter that much that they were out of view in the turns anyway; your usually paying more attention to getting through the turn especially for oncoming traffic, so you probably wouldn't even be looking at them. My other choice (so far) is the Yamaha mirrors that mount outside the windshield (like the Venture), I'm going to avoid that if possible.

Venture2

It's obvious that trail was super smooth just looking at the edges of the windshield and riding a heavier 4 stroke dampens the small undulations; besides that, many of the new camera's have shake dampeners built into them that would help as well. I did something similiar with a super 8 camera years ago that turned out pretty nice, although top speed was pretty slow with a 45 hp engine -ha-ha.
Venture2

BTW, I received my Canadian mirrors today and installed them on my 2010 Vector GT. They fit and look great and the final cost was $61.00 including all taxes and shipping to the US. That's about a $40.00 savings over the US version and a better fitting mirror to boot.

Michmobiler,
Please see my prior 2 posts on page 1 with Gregoire Sports and the part number for the kit. Let me know if you can't find these posts.

Mirrors

Take a look at Dennis Kirk at the motorcycle mirrors fo 3/4" bars and see if there are any long reach that satisfy your needs.

I also have the Canada Yamaha Mirrors that Pat the Rat is showing on my 2009 Vector. I did however weld a 1 1/2" extention to the shafts to spred them out. I was still looking at my shoulders as supplied.
Paid $29.95 Canadian.
Confusing that right hand handle bar mount has left hand threads on shaft and left hand mount has right hand threads. Still beats the $99.00 Yamaha USA mirror price.
just wondering on where you welded the 1 1/2 " on the shaft as I have the same issue

May not get a reply from Vector Julie. Last seen on the forums back in 2013 and this is a 12yr old thread but hopefully some else will chime in on what they have done.

Back