• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

NEED Help - 2015 RS vector Engine LIght

03rx1mn

Veteran
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2015 SR Viper RTX LE
2007 Apex RTX, Yamaheaters
2016 RS vector
Good day folks. I have a 2016 RS Vector that I just bought. Only 850 miles on it. Engine light is on steady, no flashing. I do not see any codes, and the sled is not near me at the present. I am hoping that someone can help me. The light is not flashing, it is on steady. The yellow light is on, and an engine is lit up in the display.

Has plenty of oil, I reset the oil change reminder to zero, light still stays on. I am afraid to ride it, but I have never had a sled with this low of miles. I am not sure if there is a reset or something else I have to do .

Thank you in advance., I did try to search for this, but I have had no luck.

Good day folks. I have a 2016 RS Vector that I just bought. Only 850 miles on it. Engine light is on steady, no flashing. I do not see any codes, and the sled is not near me at the present. I am hoping that someone can help me. The light is not flashing, it is on steady. The yellow light is on, and an engine is lit up in the display.

Has plenty of oil, I reset the oil change reminder to zero, light still stays on. I am afraid to ride it, but I have never had a sled with this low of miles. I am not sure if there is a reset or something else I have to do .

Thank you in advance., I did try to search for this, but I have had no luck.
Fuel level?

Just for confirmation, you are not referring to the warm-up period after starting the engine where the yellow light is on? Although I think it uses the temp icon and not the engine icon, just wanted to confirm since I wasn't sure if this was your first Yamaha 4-stroke snowmobile.

Just saw the sleds in your signature so disregard.

With that low of miles, I doubt you had the air box off but one time when I removed mime, I forgot to connect the plug back into the air temperature sensor on the clutch side of the air box. Although it displays the engine icon on the gauge, I believe it flashes it but might be something to check.

With that low of miles, I doubt you had the air box off but one time when I removed mime, I forgot to connect the plug back into the air temperature sensor on the clutch side of the air box. Although it displays the engine icon on the gauge, I believe it flashes it but might be something to check.
I did have it off, I had to replace the battery. It had been sitting for 3 years. Thank you. I will check that. It is not flashing though. it is on solid.

Any other thoughts would be appreciated. Thank you

Is the sled still not near you?

Considering you recently replaced the battery, you will probably need to retrace your steps to ensure everything was properly reconnected.

Is the sled still not near you?

Considering you recently replaced the battery, you will probably need to retrace your steps to ensure everything was properly reconnected.
The sled is not near me at the moment. This light was on before I changed the battery. The battery did not have enough juice to turn over but took charge enough to light up the gauges.

Back