• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2010 VECTOR RIDERS, Need your comments

Country
USA
Snowmobile
'10 VECTOR LTX
I am trying to kick my "smoke "addiction, so i may POP on a 10 VECTOR LTX. I want to pass this sled on to the High school aged boys in 2-3 years. So here is my 3 part Question?
Will this sled have enough to keep the riding day interesting for me ,till then ? All my riding Bud's have 4 holers , i know the vector won't keep up on the BIG-END. But,
Will the" weight feel" make up any of the difference? And can I assume it could be close enough?
I have an apex for the older boy and I still like that" Red Top, Trailing Arm Tripple"

You will keep up with the other sleds just fine and in fact I would say you would be able to lead them in the twisties. I went from the 2008 Apex to the 2010 Vector and the engine in the Vector sits lower and makes for a nicer ride without having to throw the weight of the Apex around all day long. It has less engine braking and has just as much power from corner to corner up to 80mph as the Apex.

Now, Yamaha has fixed the weight issue with the EPS on the new 2011 Apex but if you don't want to spend $14K for a sled the 2010 Vector GT LTX is a great machine for trail riding. I also studded the track and added snowtrackers and am very happy with it.

Hope that helps. :jump:

I have about 5k on my 08LTX and I swear I will never sell this sled. I have friends who do alot of off trail and rather than switch sleds I am just going to buy a different sled and keep the LTX. I have a hell of a time trail riding, whether it be the twisties in Jackman or the neverending railbeds of the County. Great sled, bulletproof (it seems), gas sipper, and comfortable.

Just get the Ulmer clutch kit for it. What a difference it made in mine.

I came off of a 03 F7 that I had almost 8000 miles. got an 09 nytro and loved the pull of the engine, but the ride was way to stiff for me. Had shocks revalved and still to stiff. Got a 10 vector 121 in Dec. Im very happy with this sled. great low end up unitl 80 you should be fine. The ride is excellent (compared to the nytro). It feels lighter then i thought in the trails.

i test drove 1 last season at the same time as the 2011 apex demo rides,i was impressed with the new motor,much more responsive,i have an 09 and thought it was a much better sled,efi rocks and throttle response was right there,defenatly a sled i would buy

Thanks for the comments, they help quite a bit........it's in the "HOUSE",and happy with the deal I made. Should I pull the strap one hole right away or ride it first?

The new motor may be the best all-around in the sled world. Great overall balance of power-smoothness-and best mpg. Hard to beat.. MM.

I came off of a '06 Apex ER to the '10 ltx gt. The ride and handling is much better. The machine is much quieter. Great acceleration up 80, top end on the speedo 103, not the long legs of the Apex, but one heck of a trail machine. Would still say my Apex would out pull the Vector at any speed from bottom end all the way up. We also have an '08 Polaris 600 (125 HP) and the Vector just gets ahead of it up to about 30 then it's really close from there on. The Apex totally blew the Polaris away start to finish. I shimmed the skis like Bergstrom suggests and used the triple points and savers. Still got some ski tracking or railroad effect, not actual darting. Went to The Stud Boy Deuces and that fixed that. The front end was too light under full accel and torqued badly to the right. One hole up on the strap fairly well solved this without getting heavy steering. Gas mileage has varied from 15 worst to 21 best, would say 18 is average. Overall the Vector is more fun to ride .

iasledder said:
I came off of a '06 Apex ER to the '10 ltx gt. The ride and handling is much better. The machine is much quieter. Great acceleration up 80, top end on the speedo 103, not the long legs of the Apex, but one heck of a trail machine. Would still say my Apex would out pull the Vector at any speed from bottom end all the way up. We also have an '08 Polaris 600 (125 HP) and the Vector just gets ahead of it up to about 30 then it's really close from there on. The Apex totally blew the Polaris away start to finish. I shimmed the skis like Bergstrom suggests and used the triple points and savers. Still got some ski tracking or railroad effect, not actual darting. Went to The Stud Boy Deuces and that fixed that. The front end was too light under full accel and torqued badly to the right. One hole up on the strap fairly well solved this without getting heavy steering. Gas mileage has varied from 15 worst to 21 best, would say 18 is average. Overall the Vector is more fun to ride .

Got a chance to ride a EPS Apex yesterday and it was sweet!
IMO, if Yamaha comes out with an EPS Vector, it would be the best trail sled Yamaha ever had, it would just complete it imo. ;)!

After owning most Yamaha models since 1984, I have a 2010 Vector GT. The prior Yamaha long travel suspensions needed lots of adjusting before I was happy with the sled. After adjustments, all the Yamahas have been great sleds. The 2010 however, is very different in that, right out out of the box, I'm happy with the ride and handling. The only modification was the addition of 6" Duece Bars. The fuel injected 3 holer really rocks, especially when compared to my prior '05 Rage carb.

Back