• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2011 Apex Coolant Level

Silvester

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2011 Apex XTX
Hi,

First post on here :) I'm basically new to sledding, first one in a good 20 years. I was riding today with my brother and he was towing a caboose with some kids, rough trails and at one point we were going about 15km/h for quite some time.
My high temp indicator came on so I pulled over and let it cool off. The rest of the way I was able to go faster without issues.

Wanted to check the coolant level when I got home, and I can see the coolant tanks near the top but there is no "cold coolant level' as indicated in the manual. I'm hoping it's due to going so slow for a long period of time, I've only been out for about 6 hours since the machine was looked over at a shop. (when I bought it used)

Is there a trick to see the coolant levels on these? :)

You need to remove the dash panel to check the coolant level in the second tank. The tank you see from the side panel should always be full.
Screenshot 2021-01-24 152501.jpg

Of you ever start to get hot, get some snow and pile it up and down your floor boards as it melts helps with keeping it cooler

ah I thought maybe the dash panel was in the way but wasn't sure. Thanks!

If your 2011 is similar to my 2007, the bottles that hold the antifreeze are so milky colored that it is almost impossible to see the level from the side. If you take the two large philips screws out of the chrome front half of the collar, tip the front of it up and spread it slightly and you can get it off the steering column. Then take an allen wrench and do a quarter turn on the four screws in the dash panel, pull it back and tilt the back end up, and it should give you enough room to check and add. Main bottle with the screw cap should be full and I would fill the overflow bottle about 1/4 full. My overflow is happy with about 1/2 inch off the bottom.
If you are checking at a later date, I take a side panel off and shine a flashlight in from a certain angle and I can see the level in the overflow.
When you take that chrome half ring off, and especially putting it on, hold on to those philips screws so you don't drop them down the hole.DSC04720.JPG

Back