• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2011 apex XTX vs. 07 Attak GT

sleddog66

Lifetime Member
I have a 07 Attak (new to me) this year, and my brother bought a 2011 Apex XTX. Let me share some of my findings.
First off, both are very good sleds for trail riding. We both are Polaris converts. Anyway, we went to the U.P. for 4 days of riding. Day one, the sleds are pretty close in speed, but the 2011 is slightly more in mid and a bit better hole shot(longer track). The 2011 did not hold wot on top end today. Fuel milage is very close...the 2011 puts in about 2 tenths less on each fill up. We are getting @ 13 mpg. Day 2, The 2011 is waking up a bit. Pulling harder all the way through. Top end is slightly better on the 2011 also. Day 3 and 4 are about the same. My 07 offically is quite a bit slower, from the hole shot to the top. :o| Milage remains close on the two, the 2011 gets 1 or 2 tenths less gas per fill, but remember it takes premium. We are more like 9/11 mpg now that we are running harder.
The 2011 sits a little higher, but the handling seems pretty close. The 07 handles the studder bumps better, while the XTX is better in the large bumps. The 2011 does work nice with the power steering, but it is really nice when boondocking. I have heard horror stories about these things unable to go through deep snow, but we were able to run crotch deep snow with no issue. We did get cornered once with nowhere to turn around, crap these things ARE HEAVY!
Hifax wear on the 2011 was fast on the first day, but then it just stoped wearing.
All in all, the 2011 is a better sled IMO, but for a retail of $14000, it better be. ;)! I would like to thank everyone on this site for making my trip problem free. I bought my Attak Gt with 6000 miles, followed the recommendations of many from this sight, and have a great sled, that I am happy with :4STroke: well at least I was, until I started getting my #*$&@ kicked by that 2011 of my bro's. I do need to do some donuts on mine now, but I am trying to get through the winter and do them this summer. I know one way to beat that XTX :nos LOL

It occured to me that I did not post top speeds. While conditions were not the best, results are...07 reached 117 on speedo, but this was only 102 on GPS. 2011 reached 107 on speedo, but was slightly faster that 07. He did not have a gps, but I would say 1-2 MPH faster on the XTX, so maybe 104?. I guess the XTX speedo is MUCH more accurate.

Very interesting performance comparisons when measuring against cost difference. Thanks for the post and start thinking about the mods.... ;)!

sleddog66 said:
It occured to me that I did not post top speeds. While conditions were not the best, results are...07 reached 117 on speedo, but this was only 102 on GPS. 2011 reached 107 on speedo, but was slightly faster that 07. He did not have a gps, but I would say 1-2 MPH faster on the XTX, so maybe 104?. I guess the XTX speedo is MUCH more accurate.

Wow your speedo is farther off than my Viper. I was seeing 110 yesterday on some short stretches on my speedo and the GPS said 103. I never did get a WOT run that I could hold it for awhile. Here is the strange thing. I recently installed a new fully clipped Cobra track. I geared down a tooth but figured it would scrub some top end like they are known to do. I was actually running the same as with the former predator track. Very happy about that!!

Thank you for your input in sharing your thoughts. This is a true review I was looking forward to hearing by swapping sleds back and forth to provide accurate feedback.

Back