• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2011 apex

[qute="yamahahaha"]who bought/is buying one[/quote]

I just picked up my new Apex XTX yesterday.

Sold my 07 Attak GT to my Arctic Cat buddy. Never thought that would happen.

Pics are kinda dark since my doors are closed on the shop.... At least I know the reflective stripe works on the tank bag.

Jon

Attachments

• 2011 ApexSE 001.jpg
    2011 ApexSE 001.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 120
  • 2011 ApexSE 004.jpg
    2011 ApexSE 004.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 125
  • 2011 ApexSE 003.jpg
    2011 ApexSE 003.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 128
Yes, I have a XTX in the shed, so what is your question?

Sno-checked black Se in April like everyone else, have been waiting since Sept and now Nov and no sled. What's up with Yamaha Corp?

I bought a red one also , what's up with the cheap non rebuildable front shocks , $15000. and that is all we get !!!

I agree gsxr, I couldn't believe that the new XTX's didn't have a adjustable shock on them out of the factory, or at least let you order them that way. Used to be able to order Apex's as a regular or a GT. I have already up-graded mine on the new sled, but shouldn't have to do that.

Just replace them with Ohlin's or Floats! But I agree should not have to do that for a $15k new sled.....

But then again, I don't have the stock shocks on any of my Yamahas, except the rear Ohlins on the Mono, but that is hardly a "stock" shock either...

Mike

Actually I think the regular shocks rode just as good as the ohlins. Dealer told me to run 91 octane in this engine. Anyone else get told the same thing. One of the things I liked about Yamaha's was run them on 89 all day long and get great performance and mileage.

Banks93 said:
Actually I think the regular shocks rode just as good as the ohlins. Dealer told me to run 91 octane in this engine. Anyone else get told the same thing. One of the things I liked about Yamaha's was run them on 89 all day long and get great performance and mileage.

I run only Premium gas in the toys since sometimes you don't know the next time you're gonna run them. I add sea foam too. Over time gas loses octane level so if you are starting out at 91 or 93 octane you have a little more time. Also where I buy my gas they don't have ethanol in the premium blend. That's a huge plus.

BTW, just got the red Apex XTX and was wondering the same thing about the shocks. Kinda stinks for the money we paid. I don't see any Ohlins or floats in the accessory catalog for the 2011 apex's.

dfapexride said:
Banks93 said:

I run only Premium gas in the toys since sometimes you don't know the next time you're gonna run them. I add sea foam too. Over time gas loses octane level so if you are starting out at 91 or 93 octane you have a little more time. Also where I buy my gas they don't have ethanol in the premium blend. That's a huge plus.

BTW, just got the red Apex XTX and was wondering the same thing about the shocks. Kinda stinks for the money we paid. I don't see any Ohlins or floats in the accessory catalog for the 2011 apex's.

Not trying to be a smartass but did you guy's not know what shocks you were getting when you ordered your sleds or bought them off the floor? :dunno:

Ohlins is no longer building complete sled shocks, or developing them for new applications. They do offer all the parts for dealers to build them, though...

Nice sleds!

Not me I am happy with what they have on them. Like I said on the sleds I have had no issues with the front shocks. They will be fine.

Back